The First of the Feels

Rosé POV

I threw my head back as I took a shot of tequila... my third one of the night, actually. After the second shot, I couldn't tell if I'd gotten used to the burn or I was too numb to feel it. The answer to that question didn't matter. The only thing I cared about was my fourth shot and I signalled to the bartender for another. He didn't look too worried. He was probably used to people like me—depressed and just trying to get drunk out of my mind. I was already feeling tipsy so maybe a fourth will definitely get me there a bit faster.

I took my fourth. Then a fifth. And probably a sixth but I'd lost count by then as I began stacking my shot glasses into a pyramid. I barely had enough stability in my hand to place a glass on the very top and I giggled at myself for it. God, I must've looked like a complete idiot.

I shook my head out of it a little and focused harder to finish my pyramid. It was difficult, but I did it! And also found a hand holding my wrist as I let go of the glass. I turned my head around, and over my shoulder was a stranger. His face was close to mine. A little too close because I couldn't tell if he was cute or not so I rotated my chair to face him and pushed him away gently.

He let out a soft laugh and held my hand against his chest. He was wearing a silky black shirt that was unbuttoned to reveal his chest. I kind of regret drinking so much now because my eyesight was a little blurred and I couldn't put together what he really looked like. I was sure he was hot from the sturdy muscles that flexed under my fingertips.

There was something sparkling around his neck. It must've been a chain. I smiled and ran my fingers along the cold metal.

"You've had way too much to drink, beautiful," he said in a raspy voice, though I couldn't quite tell since I was beginning to feel light headed from all those shots. I might've let myself have a tad too much to drink this time. "Did you come here with a friend? A boyfriend?"

I shook my head for both of his questions. Suddenly his hand was cradling my cheek. As his thumb brushed against my cheekbone, I blushed from the gentle touch.

"Are you feeling alright? Your eyes aren't in focus."

I gulped, feeling my throat run dry from his touch and the fact that I couldn't register what he looked like. "I'm... fine," I managed to say. I pushed his hand away from my cheek. He was getting touchy and I didn't feel like having company. "You can just... go... away. Bye."

Even with my blurry ass vision, I saw that he smiled and moved the bar stool beside me to sit down.

"If it's fine with you, I'd like to stay and chat. You're much to gorgeous to leave alone at a bar. And I'm loving that accent you have..." he said and turned to order a drink.

Accent... my Australian accent? Ugh, whatever. Everyone compliments me on that anyway. It wasn't a big deal.

"I don't want to drink with you," I mumbled and slipped out of my chair. As I stood upright, I lost balance from a horrible light headed feeling and stumbled into him. He held me steady by the waist with my face against his chest now. "Hmph... Let me go!" I complained and tried to leave but he didn't let me.

"I don't think I should, babe."

"I'm not your..." I paused to take a breathe and to lift my head off his chest, then finished with, "babe," using my fingers to do a quotation. "You are not my babe. I am not a boyfriend." Jeez, I drank wayyy to much this time.

"You are not making sense," he said slowly and chuckled softly. "How about I help you call someone? Where's your phone?"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not letting you rob me that easily... I might be dumb but I'm not rich... I mean drunk... I mean dumb."