A Mother's Love

Rosé POV

My head was spinning and everything around me made it worse. The flashing lights of the car in front and the glow of every street lamp ramped up the rush of adrenaline I had and the worrying ache of my heart... It almost felt like I was dying. As I hurried into the hospital, the elevators made time slow down and I couldn't wait to run through the opening doors. When I made it into the room, I ran to him.

His arms were opened for me as I crashed into him and cried onto his chest. He pet my hair and pressed a soothing kiss on my head. "It's okay, Rosé," he said. "I'm fine."

"How could you make me worry like this? When the hospital called to say you were admitted, my heart dropped and I had to get here as fast as I could. How could you get into a fight when I told you not to? How could you?!"

"I'm sorry, baby."

"I know you're not fucking sorry, Asa. Why'd you have to make it turn out like this?"

He didn't reply and we continued to hug for a long moment. I didn't want to let go of him. I was afraid he would disappear.

I lifted my head slowly and he smiled up at me from the hospital bed, tucking some hair behind my ear to kiss me gently on the lips. My lips were curled in a pout and a few tears were flowing off my cheek. I didn't know how he could always kiss me so easily when I was crying a river.

"I'm sorry I made you worry about me like this. Are you okay? How did you get here, did someone drive?"

I nodded, the pout still on my face, "I was with Jennie and Areum after work. Jennie drove me."

The room door opened and Jennie was stomping in with Areum next to her. "Asa, are you fu-" She stopped herself and covered Areum's ears, "Are you crazy? What happened for you to hospitalize yourself?"

"Uncle Asa, are you okay?" Areum asked and I moved out of the way to let her hold Asa's hand. Jennie conveniently had some wipes on hand and cleaned up my face a little while Areum had her time with Asa. "Mummy said you had an accident."

Asa looked at Jennie and she shrugged, "Well, what was I supposed to tell a 5 year old child?"

"Yes, cutie, I had an accident. But I'll be all better by tonight," Asa replied and tussled the hair on her little head.

"Chill, I literally took hours to do her hair today," Jennie said and took Asa's hand away from her daughter's hair.

"It's okay, uncle Asa. I had an accident before too. You don't have to be embarrassed."

"Cutie, that's not... I don't think that's what he meant," I said and Jennie let out a short laugh.

"No, no. That's what he meant," she said. "Why don't you give uncle Asa a kiss to make him feel better?"

"Okay, mummy."

Jennie lifted Areum up to give Asa a kiss on cheek and he thanked her dearly. After putting Areum back down, she came up to me and tugged on my hand.

"Auntie, do you need a kiss too?"

"I would love one," I said and crouched down. Areum gave me a loving kiss on the cheek and I returned the favour, giving her a kiss on the head.

"Don't cry anymore. Mummy says you cry too much."

I looked up and Jennie and she pulled Areum away, "Wow, you're really out here exposing mummy now, baby. Why don't we take a walk around and see if we can find auntie Jisoo? Do you want to do that?"

"Okay, mummy!"

"Bye," I laughed and the two of them left.

I sat down on the bed next to Asa and he held my hand in his as he sat up. He kissed my cheek and chuckled happily right after. I smiled back and kissed his lips.