What Hurts More?

Rosé POV

Alright, so after that call, naturally, I was in shock. Never in a million years did I think I could ever get pregnant. Come on, a 5% chance is nothing at all! This can't be right... I had a following check up today just to see what's going on down there—am I really pregnant or not? I didn't have high expectations but I was scared to the bone. Which is why I kidnapped Jisoo so she could come with me.

"Rosé..." she said. I brought my eyes back into focus on her and she could only smile faintly at me. She rubbed the back of my hand with her thumb as we sat in the waiting area of the clinic. For a moment I could see her struggle to approach with words before she eventually asked, "What are thinking about?"

I gulped, looking into her eyes. "I'm scared," I admitted with a weak voice.

Jisoo tighten her lips and nodded as she exhaled loudly through her nose. "I know it seems scary, Rosie, believe me. But there's really nothing to be afraid of. I'm here, aren't I? And I'll be with you every step of the way. I'll share the scary feeling so it won't burden you."

I smiled at her words of encouragement. I almost did believe her when she said there was nothing to be afraid of but I knew there was. There was much to fear... I just didn't want to think out loud and jinx it.

Suddenly my phone began to vibrate and I looked to see Asa's name on the screen. I bit my lip and showed a face of concern to Jisoo. I picked up the call and slowly put the phone to my ear.

"... Hello?"

"Hey..." Hearing Asa's voice gave me a rush of relief. It made me miss him so much.

But all I managed to say right now was a quiet, "Hi..."

There was a short pause, then an, "I miss you," rang through my ears. I smiled instantly, trying not to grin too wide so that Jisoo wouldn't find me suspicious.

"I miss you too," I replied.

"Mmm, that's good. I've been thinking about you all day. How are you?"

God, I missed him even more now...

"I'm... fine. What about you? How's work?" I couldn't help but avoid the question. I didn't tell anyone about the call I got on Thanksgiving except Jisoo as of right now. Well, Jisoo and Lisa because she came back from Thailand and clung to me so much so I had to tell her about my check up so she wouldn't follow me here. Then of course I had to tell Jennie so she wouldn't be left out but other than them, I didn't tell any other soul! I didn't want anyone else to get their hopes up, especially not Asa.

"Well, work is a lot of work. I wish I could just not go and stay with you all day."

I chuckled, "I wish you could do that too. But what about my job?"

I heard him let out a little whine as he said, "Work for me instead. I'll pay you just as much as Saint Laurent."

"Asa..."

"I know you won't agree to my terms, it's okay. You can keep working at Saint Laurent so I can call you my trophy wife."

"Damn, what's Asa saying to make you smile like that?" Jisoo teased with a smirk. "You're blushing really hard."

"Am I really...?" I said shyly and covered my face after seeing her laugh at me.

"Are you with Jisoo?" Asa asked.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, I am."

"I hope you don't plan on spending the whole day with her because I need some Rosé time too, you know?"

I smiled, "We're just doing something right now. We'll probably grab dinner together but you and I can see each other later tonight."

"Actually, I wanted to take you out for dinner today. There's something I wanted to tell you."