What Once was Yours First

Rosé POV

"Have a good night, Miss Park," the same intern said with a bow as I walked past.

I smiled at her, "You too. Get home safe."

"Yes, ma'am."

Feeling my phone vibrate in my purse, I struggled to reach it. I had a coffee in my hand and as I looked down to take my phone out, I bumped into someone. His shoes squeaked on the marble floor and my heels clicked loudly as he held me by both my arms. I looked up at who it was...

"Hey..." he said quietly, letting go of my arms and stepped back a little to give me space. "Sorry, I just needed to speak to you."

I stared at him for a long moment. I didn't know what to say to him. Luckily, my phone began to vibrate again and I picked up the call quickly, awkwardly apologizing to him in the mean time.

I looked for a vacant room and told him to wait inside for me so I could pick up the call. How coincidental that it was the same room Asa came to see me in.

"Hello?" I said over the phone.

"Rosie, your ex is coming to see you! Leave the building immediately!" Jennie screamed. I looked to see if anyone around me heard her and thankfully, it didn't seem so.

I lowered my voice to reply to her, "I know. You're too late. I literally ran into him while trying to pick up your call."

"Oh, shit. I would've called sooner but I knew you didn't get off work yet. He called me to ask if I knew where you were after checking your apartment and I was gonna hunt him down before he got to you but I have Areum and I couldn't just leave her. Sorry."

I chuckled, "It's okay, Jennie. It's not a problem."

"But... will you be okay? Talking to him."

I glimpsed at my ex husband standing awkwardly in the room, and sighed. What could he want from me?

"I guess we'll see. He said he needed to talk to me," I said. "I won't stall him any longer. He's blatantly alienated in here and I don't want people to misunderstand. I'll tell you about what happens later."

"Okay, okay. Call if you need me."

"Mhm. I will."

"I'm serious. If he tries anything with you, I will drop Areum off just to come kick his ass!"

I smiled, "Let's see if it gets there, okay?"

She giggled over the phone, "We'll talk later then. Bye now. I love you, Rosie."

"I love you too," I replied before hanging up. As I walked back to my ex husband, he seemed tense and anxious. It made me a little nervous for what he wanted to talk about. To come all the way here, something he's never done, I was beginning to worry.

"Was that Asa on the phone?" he asked.

Was he trying to listen in on my call? "Um..."

"I just assumed because I kept wondering if he was the guy I saw you in a bar with awhile ago but... um, nevermind. Sorry," he said quickly and waved it off. "I'm sorry to bother you at work... it's just that I... I know it's something you've wanted me to do before but I thought I'd embarrass you if I ever did."

He scratched the back of his neck. I wasn't even sure what he really wanted to say to me.

"I drive by your billboard everyday to work. And a Saint Laurent with your face on the store front."

"Why are you here?" I asked. I could tell he was stalling and I didn't appreciate the nostalgic feeling he was giving me. I didn't want to relive my life with him. Not after trying so hard to move on.