Who You See Isn't Who You Know

Rosé POV

Today was a very tiring day... I had to work overtime to discuss the progress of Saint Laurent's New York Operations, so as soon as I got home, I took a long hot shower. Feeling refreshed, I finally checked my phone to see a few missed calls from Lisa. I gave her a call back, hoping nothing was wrong since she called me like three times back to back.

"Why did it take you so long to answer my calls?" Lisa scolded over the phone.

"Because I was in the shower."

"Ugh, okay fine. That's acceptable."

"What's wrong?"

"You're not gonna believe what I found out," she said, "Remember at Tequila Fusion when some guy tried to pick a fight with your future husband, Asa?"

"My future..." I laughed softly, "Mhm...?"

"It was Tony. Tony came to the club and shoved your boyfriend's face into a wall."

I paused for a moment... Was I hearing this right? "Tony?"

"I had to confirm it with Asa first, hence why I told you out of the blue like this, but yeah. Tony and Asa had a fight. Apparently Tony was drunk and telling Asa to stop trying to be with you."

I shook my head from the information I was receiving. It barely made sense to me. I knew Tony could be protective of me but the violence and bragging? Who did Tony think he was?

Who did I think Tony was? It was like I didn't know him anymore. I'll admit that we've been more distant since I met Asa last year but a person can't change that much. Unless, was Tony always like this but he just did a really good job of hiding it from me?

"He was bragging about having a threesome with you too—which you have to tell me about later because what the fuck, Rosie? Since when were you into that stuff? No, wait was it when you went to see him that time-"

"I'll call you back, Lisa! Thanks for telling me," I said and hung up before she could say another word.

I changed out of my pyjamas, grabbed my keys and left the apartment. I didn't know what part of me make me do it but I drove to Tony place to confront him. I wasn't going to let him hurt Asa and get away with it.

I rang the bell of his apartment a few times until he finally opened up. I almost gasped from shock after seeing faint black eye he had. Was that from Asa?

He looked to the ground and moved aside to let me in, and we sat down at the kitchen table where he had a bottle of whiskey next to a glass. "Did you need something? Or are you here to tell me something I don't wanna hear?"

I took a deep breath and thought about my words. I was gonna get mad at him for hurting my boyfriend but I knew that no matter what I said, I'd be hurting him.

"What happened to your eye?" I asked, starting off our conversation lightly.

He scoffed quietly, taking a sip of his whiskey. "I was drunk and made a stupid mistake."

That could mean anything.

"What mistake?" I asked.

We made eye contact now and he said, "Losing you. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I could actually be with you. Ha, I'm such a fucking idiot." He drank the rest of his glass and poured another.

"Tony why are you like this?" He stared at his glass, refusing to look at me now. "Since when did you go out of your way to pick fights with other people? Are you doing this because of me? Why can't you just talk to me?"