A Brand New Woman, Rosé Park

7 months later ~

Rosé POV

"At last! South Korea welcomes Rosé Park again! Welcome back to Seoul!"

"Did you have a safe flight, Rosé?"

"The muse of Saint Laurent will never disappoint in airport fashion!"

Those and many other inquiries were thrown my way. My replies to them were short and repetitive. I never really liked to engage with paparazzis too much and for the times that I did, I was always careful with my answers.

After about 7 months in New York, I was back on Seoul grounds. It felt great to be home. I've missed everything dearly, and everyone even more.

"Rosé!!! Rosie, Rosie, Rosie! Welcome home!" Jisoo shouted and ran to give me an enthusiastic hug. "Thank god you're back, I've missed you so much! It feels like I haven't seen you in years!"

I chuckled and let go of the hug to smile at her, "I've missed you too, Jisoo. Even though we talked on the phone right before my flight last night."

"It's not the same as seeing you in real life so I can never let go of you again," she said and hugged me tightly again. "Lucky for you, I took the day off so we can make up for all the months you weren't in Seoul."

"That sounds amazing, but right now, I just want to go home."

Jisoo nodded, "Makes sense. You're probably jet-lagged like crazy, but how about we see Areum first? She's grown so much since you've been gone. She's like this tall now!" She gestured a height around her lower stomach and I gasped.

"She's that big already? Isn't she only 3?"

"She'll be turning 4 very soon. In a month or so..." I nodded and she took my luggage from me. "Let's get going then. She'll be so happy to see her favourite aunt."

"Aw, I'm still her favourite aunt?"

"I was talking about me," she teased and I playfully hit her arm. She helped me put my bags in her car and together, we drove home from the airport.

In the car, she updated me on the things I've missed for the last few months. She got promoted to a Director of the hospital she worked at, Jennie became one of the top lawyers of her firm, Lisa opened a dance studio with some money from the club, and Areum began preschool in preparation for kindergarten in the fall. So much has happened and even though I couldn't be there for it, I was more than happy with how everything turned out. And I was so proud of all of them. They were my second family, after all.

We arrived at the apartment and made our way upstairs. Jisoo opened the door and I noticed a subtle reorganization of the place. It seemed Jisoo and Jennie loved their living situation, which wouldn't be changing soon because Jisoo's divorce was also finalized while I was away. Who would've thought that the four of us would be single again?

Walking further into the apartment, I saw him standing there. His hair was left longer yet I could still see his hazel brown eyes. His smile at me was faint, but nevertheless sentimental.

"It's good to see you again, Rosé," he said in his raspy voice. This time, it also sounded honeyed and sweet, bringing me feelings of nostalgia as I gazed at his charming smile. I didn't need to reply for him to return quietly to his seat at the dining table.