First Child Dilemmas

Rosé POV

"A son? No..." Jisoo said in disbelief. We were on our way to Asa's place before the grand opening of his club and Jisoo volunteered to be our designated driver. I was telling her about what happened when his ex came to his house with a baby.

"It's crazy, I know. I don't know what Asa's gonna do."

"But, Rosé, what are you gonna do? How is the family situation gonna work?"

"I don't know... But Asa and I can work it out. We're good at communicating," I said, thinking of how well he took it when he saw me with Tony. I could easily work it out with Asa, I was sure I could.

Jisoo sighed heavily. From that, I knew she wasn't really convinced I could figure out a solution for this. To be honest, it did seem a little complicated.

"I don't understand why she didn't tell him earlier. I mean, why did she wait so long? She was pregnant for nine months, gave birth, then waited a little longer to finally tell him. What was holding her back?" I asked.

"I don't know... maybe she was afraid of how he'd react."

"But Asa loves kids. If she knew that about him, she shouldn't have been afraid. And it would've given Asa the chance to decide on having a child. Did she want his child support or something?"

"Maybe she just didn't know how to tell him. It's a scary idea—being pregnant. Let's not talk about this anymore, we're already here," she said quickly and put her car in park. It was suspicious how she left the car in such a rush before I had a chance to open the door... Did I say something wrong to offend her? Was there something she wasn't telling me?

The gate opened to Asa's house and we walked up the path together. After ringing the bell, I held Jisoo's hand. "Is everything okay with you? You seemed a little tense back there."

She put on a smile and shook her head, "I'm good. It's just a bit shocking to hear that Asa has a baby. To be honest, I'm more worried about how it's going to affect you, Rosie."

The door opened, cutting our conversation short. Asa smiled tiredly with a tiny baby in his arms. He noticed Jisoo and it looked like his heart stopped.

"She knows, I told her on our way here," I said and he seemed relieved.

"My ex should be here to pick up the baby soon." Asa moved the blanket a little so we could see the little face underneath. Jisoo cooed from the sight and happily took care of the baby so I could give Asa a kiss.

"I've missed you."

"I've missed you more," he replied and kissed me again. "You look as beautiful as ever."

"And you look..." I stared at his dirty shirt and he chuckled, "What is that?" I asked and pointed to the stain.

"The baby, uh... threw up."

"Mm, gross," I groaned, "Let's get you changed. We'll be right back, Jisoo!"

"Take your time. The baby's so damn cute, oh my gosh~"

Upstairs, I looked through Asa's closet. My eyes skimmed through the baggy shirts and scanned the jacket section. It was small but I found something that could work. I put together an outfit and laid it out on the bed.

"Here you go~" I said with a smile. Without hesitation, he took his shirt off and tossed it into a laundry basket. "Oh, I was gonna leave first."

"Can you pass me the pants?" he asked and took his shorts off. I grabbed the trousers and handed it to him. He put it on and I gave him the belt. I helped him with the shirt and jacket, and he looked for a necklace. He turned to me and put his hands in his pockets, "What do you think?"