What to Give Thanks For

Rosé POV

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed from a good night's sleep. It's the first time in a while I was excited to get on with my day. I wasn't sure why I wasn't that tired today. Maybe it's because Lisa's not here. Ha, just kidding. But she did leave for her trip to Thailand last weekend.

Today was thanksgiving and I was planning on spending some time with my own family after a doctor check-up. I just did some simple scans and tests to see if my body's doing alright, or if my hormones are imbalanced and what not. After that, I headed home to eat a small lunch and right as I finished cleaning the dishes, someone rang the doorbell. I opened it to see that my parents and my sister were here for a visit! I guess they beat me to it.

"She looks horrified. I knew we should've called," my dad said. Without wasting another second, I hurried to wrap my arms around him, hugging him tightly. I felt the vibration of his chuckle in the comfort of the hug being returned.

"I've missed you guys so much," I said then gave my mum and sister a hug after letting them all into the apartment. "I was about to go see you too! I can't believe I let you guys come to me first."

"Oh, so you can wake up before noon," my sister, Alice, joked and swung an arm around my shoulder.

I playfully glared at her and crossed my arms, "Hmph, I have a job so I actually wake up way earlier than noon."

"Well, I figured since Lisa is finally able to go back to Thailand again, your apartment would be empty so coming to you sounded like a good plan. It's thanksgiving, don't be ungrateful that we're here," my mum teased and I wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you, mummy~ Thank you for coming."

"And we brought some ingredients to cook thanksgiving dinner. You should thank mum for that too," said Alice.

I gasped, noticing the bags of food they brought over then I stared at my mum with love. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and thanked her again.

"Enough kisses, let's start preparing the turkey," she said and I reluctantly let go.

"Already?" I asked.

"Yes, already. It's so we'll have more time for dinner to catch up on how great you're doing with Saint Laurent," she said then pinched my cheek, "My little girl is getting too famous."

I smiled shyly, "Mum..."

She smiled back and turned me towards the kitchen, "Go help your dad with the vegetables."

"Okay."

As we prepared for our feast, I put on some music in the background. We sang along to Korean music of the 80s and 90s for my parents, and American music of the early 2000s for my sister and I. You can never go wrong with the classics.

After what felt like an entire day's work, only two hours had passed and my stomach was growling for dinner already. Taking a break, I sat with Alice on the couch and she turned to me with a smirk.

"So, Rosie... Where's the boyfriend?" she asked. Alice knew about Asa but my parents were oblivious to it. I've even introduced Asa to her and everything was fine, but to be honest, I didn't know how my parents would react to him. He's pretty different from my ex...

"I... I don't have one," I replied and gestured with my eyes for her to shut up. I didn't want my parents to start asking me.

"Boyfriend? You have a boyfriend, Rosie?" my dad asked. "No dating allowed," he said sternly and my mum gave him a look of judgment.