First Dates and Sweet Memories

Rosé POV

A stack of papers were placed on my desk as I focused on the documents in front of me. I thanked whoever dropped them off for me with my words so I wouldn't be distracted from my work. "Mrs Park, the New York campaign is terrific! With your lead, Saint Laurent promotions could reach mainstream Toronto and LA in no time!"

I stopped my writing by the shocking way I was addressed... I looked up at the speaker and saw that she was an intern. It took a second before she realized what she said and her face turned bright red from embarrassment.

"I... I'm so sorry. Miss Park," she corrected and continued to scold herself quietly.

I smiled at her, hoping it'll make the atmosphere less tense, "It's okay. Thank you for the information." I went back to writing and reading over documents, but she was still standing there. "Was there more to your apology?" I asked without looking directly at her.

"No, ma'am. But, um, sorry. I was also supposed to tell you that there's been a last minute change in your schedule. A brief meeting has been added."

"You should be telling my secretary, not me," I replied.

"Ah, yes, sorry again."

"When's the meeting?" I asked and finally looking at her. She seemed very nervous and fidgety with her fingers. I got up and put a reassuring hand on her arm, "It's okay. Things happen. Could you tell me more about the meeting?"

"I'll take you right there," the intern said and led the way. I guess the meeting was right now then... Where the hell was my secretary?

We headed down the building and greetings were exchanged between those I passed. Finally, the whole divorce was blown over and there was no more weird stares. For real this time. But I knew there was probably still talk of it. When I reached the room, I entered quietly. There wasn't anyone inside but there was a bouquet of flowers on the table. I walked up to it and read the card. The only thing written on it was my name, Rosé.

The door opened, making me jump from surprise. I turned to see Asa closing the door behind him.

He was wearing an all black suit, and looked amazing as always. I especially loved the silky dress shirt he wore and the simple jewelry on his fingers. I smiled when I saw him and he smiled back. I could see him staring at my own outfit and I chuckled gently as he approached, becoming shy after I noticed his eyes roaming my body.

"Do you like the flowers? They're for you," he said and picked them up to hand to me. I accepted them and he stood a meter away from me, as if he was too shy to get close. "I know you said you didn't like work visits, but I'm still not gonna listen. And I know you don't really want to be seen with me either but at least I'm wearing the Saint Laurent dress code. And I just really wanted to see you, is that too selfish of me? And... uh, yeah. That's all."

I couldn't help but smile at him. I forgot how sweet Asa could be, and it was cute to see him flustered. It was refreshing.

"Thank you," I said. "And the card is great as well. Very simple."

"Yeah, I didn't really know what to write. I'm not too great with words," he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. "Do you like the flowers though?"

I laughed, "Yes, I do. They're beautiful. Did you do all this yourself?"

"Um, no. I got some help," he said. I saw his cheeks turn pink from blush and he stood nervously in front of me. I've never seen him shy like this before. He was adorable. "Well, to be honest, I asked Jisoo to help me pick the flowers. And I made sure to check with Jennie before I came, in case I would put you in a difficult situation—you know, with your divorce scandals. And, ah, the outfit was picked by Lisa. I don't really know how to dress more 'professional' so we compromised on this. Oh, and I borrowed your secretary to make sure you won't get in trouble for our little meeting."