No More Prentending

Rosé POV

I woke up to the soft sound of a murmuring voice. It sounded like Asa's voice speaking quietly in the room next door. Looking the time on my bedside table, it was 1:46AM. I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed, following the light in the hallway to the door that was left slightly open. I smiled upon walking into the room and approached Asa quietly, sitting down in front of him.

"See, baby? We woke up mommy now," Asa said and turned to look at me. "Sorry. I tried to be as quiet as possible."

I held his head and kissed his cheek, "It's okay." I sat closer and gave our little baby a kiss on the head. "Did you just get home from work?" I asked him while cooing at our child. "Hi, my little love~"

"Mhm." Asa tucked a strand of hair behind my ear as I leaned down to play with the baby's hands. He chuckled softly as he stared at me, making me smile back at him.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Nothing," he replied and held my face with one of his hands. He brushed his thumb across my cheek and kissed my lips softly. "I love you, Rosie."

I gazed into his hazel eyes, "I..."

Suddenly, there was knocking on the door.

"... Rosie! Auntie Rosie! Auntie, auntie, wake up!"

"Huh?" I mumbled and opened my eyes. I checked my phone for the time and it read 10AM. I groaned and laid back down on the bed, hitting my face with a pillow as I thought of Asa. It was just a dream...

My room door squeaked and I moved the pillow to see Asa holding the door open for Areum to come running in. "Get her, cutie! Get her, get her!" Asa said and lifted Areum onto my bed so she could lay on top of me.

She giggled against my stomach and I hugged her, "Thank you for the morning call, cutie. I'm wide awake now. When did you get here?"

"I came with mummy and uncle Asa at 9 o'clock and mummy wanted me to wake you up and-and uncle Asa told me to let you sleep, so then I played with mummy until she told me to wake you up again be-because auntie Lisa was busy, and now I'm here to wake you up, auntie," she explained. She seemed a little out of breath from speaking so much.

"Seems like you've had a busy morning," I said and pinched her fluffy cheeks.

"Can you wake up now so we can play?"

"Okay, okay. I'll wake up so we can play."

Areum squealed in excitement and Asa picked her up in his arms, "Let's wait for auntie Rosie outside while she gets ready, okay, cutie?"

"Okay. But put me down first!"

Asa set her down on the floor and she ran for the door, exiting the room then closing the door afterwards. "This little trickster..." he said to the door and I held back a smile.

I was inadvertently, yet happily, checking him out. He looked so handsome with his styled curly hair. My eyes couldn't help but travel down his body, and suddenly I couldn't stop imagining the time I was in the shower with him inside my head. Gah, why can't I stop thinking about it now?! It literally happened so long ago but I'm imagining everything so vividly as if it was yesterday! As soon as he turned to me again, I moved my eyes back up to meet his. "I'll see you outside."

"Wait," I said and he waited. I waved my hand, "Come closer."

He was confused but followed my orders anyway. As soon as he was close enough, I pulled his jacket so he would come even closer. I looked up at him and he smiled awkwardly.

I took a deep breath and enjoyed the view of his beautiful hazel eyes looking down at me. "Asa... Do you still have feelings for me?"

He laughed gently through his nose and held my face with both his hands, "Are you still dreaming, Rosé?" He pet my hair before sitting down on the bed side me.