The First Day of Being Single

Rosé POV

"Mrs- I.. I mean Miss Park, your car is outside."

I looked up from the magazine in my hand, "Ah, okay. I'll be right out. Thank you." I took one last sip of my champagne and set the magazine down with the others that had my face on the cover. I took a deep breath as I walked through the halls. The echo of my heels caught everyone's attention along the way and I greeted them back with a smile.

It's always been like this for me. I was always in the centre of attention when I was at work which is why I went to bars where people didn't really know my name. It was getting more difficult to blend in though because I was having more and more photoshoots and campaigns, and more and more people began to recognize me. Soon or later, it'll be no more bars for me and I'll have to find a new morphine.

As soon as I reach the exit, cameras flashed and my bodyguards shielded me from those who came too close. I smiled for the camera as I made my way to my car. I thought I'd be used to the flashing by now but somehow, it still made my head hurt.

A short ride after, the car stopped in front of my destination. I got out with the help of my bodyguards, and again, there were people with cameras all around me. Eventually, I made it into the tall dull building and walked into the room that was expecting my arrival.

"Finally," my ex husband mumbled as I approached. "You couldn't have dressed less extravagant?"

I sat down at the seat my secretary pulled out for me. I thanked him quietly and looked over at my ex without much emotion, "I came straight from work. Could you blame me for looking nice?"

"Says the one who I found drunk at a bar. You don't think I have a job to attend to as well?"

I was about to open my mouth again but my lawyer cleared his throat, "Miss Park. How about we go over the agreement again?" I glared at my ex one last time before looking away.

As time went on, the moment of truth had come. Things were said in court and more papers were signed, but finally, the judge had announced that my husband and I were now officially divorced. I knew this was going to happen from the moment I asked for a divorce but I didn't know that after months of struggling to process everything, I could feel... enlighten? Almost free?

Everyone began to pack their things, and I sat in my chair with a smile growing on my face. I covered it with my hand and let out a chuckle. I felt unbelievably satisfied to say the least. I felt like a brand new woman.

"Congratulations," my ex husband said in a grumpy tone as he left and my smile grew even wider.

I shook my head gently and stood up from my seat. I gave my secretary a hug, I gave my lawyer one, and even my bodyguards. As I walked out of the building, even more cameras surrounded me. My official ex husband was being questioned by the press and I was just eating it all up.

"Rosé! How does it feel like to be a single woman again?"

"Rosé, are you relieved that your divorce has be finalized now? Tell us how you feel!"

I settled into my car and took off. I leaned my head against the window and watched the buildings pass bye one at a time. As we reached a corner, there was a massive poster on the side of a building with my face on it.