Pleasure First, Self Control Second

Rosé POV

At long last, a day off. No work, no paparazzi, no cameras, no headaches, but still a whole lot of worries. Areum being one of those worries. Jennie told me how although it's nice that Areum relied on her now, she was giving everyone the silent treatment. Not necessarily because she was mad at us but she just refused to speak.

Another worry was Jisoo. Her and her husband had been thinking of getting a divorce for a while now and after my talk with her, she said they decided to separate for a while. A divorce was still going to happen but for now, Jisoo was going to move out of the house into her own apartment. Lisa suggested her to move in with us or Jennie, but Jisoo was persistent in wanting to live on her own for a bit. We respected her decision.

Other than those two, my other problems included Asa and Tony... And I didn't really want to think about them right now.

For my day off, I went out with some friends. We drove somewhere a little more rural, where I was less likely to be bothered by people recognizing me. Although I could exactly avoid it, I enjoyed the moments where people didn't know who I was. I could just be myself. I haven't felt that I had a private life lately and today's outing really did the trick. But, it was time to go back to the city and the first place I went to was Jennie's apartment.

I rang the door bell and guess who opened the door. Asa. It's starting to seem like he actually lived there too.

I noticed his style had changed from the past few weeks, just like Tony's did, but Asa wore jackets now and trousers. A little more formal than his classic buttoned shirts that he would unbutton on purpose. Was it because he wanted to dress more professionally in order to be seen with me? We weren't even in public though and it's not like he came to Jennie's specifically for me. Or did he...?

"Nice outfit," I said and walked into the apartment.

He put a hand on my bare shoulder and stopped me from walking away. He stepped towards me from behind and moved his hand to hold the small of my back as he leaned down and spoke into my ear, "You too." The raspiness of his voice made my heart beat faster and the scent of him brought me back to the smell of his sheets.

"Hands to yourself, Asa," Jennie warned with a sweet tone and covered Areum's eyes.

I watched him walk away to sit on the couch with them, and Jennie's glare only made Asa smirk in satisfaction. He'd better not make it a game to flirt with me when he wasn't supposed to...

"Areum, look who it is. It's auntie Rosie!" Jennie said.

I crouched down in front of Areum. "Hey, cutie. Did you miss me?" I asked and held her hands but she took them away shyly. "What's wrong?"

"Baby, that's auntie Rosie. She's your favourite auntie."

"Really?" I gasped at Jennie.

She had a guilty expression and looked at Areum again, "Um, she's your second favourite auntie." I clicked my tongue in disappointment and Jennie mumbled, "After Jisoo and Lisa."

"So I'm not even her favourite?" I asked with a frown.

"You like me through, right, cutie?" Asa asked but Areum didn't respond. She didn't really acknowledge him. It broke my heart to see how hurt Asa was by it. She used to love him the most but now, she didn't even look in his direction.

The night went on and all of us had dinner together. The only thing that gave me a little hope was that Areum was talking to Jennie at least. As long as Areum still loved Jennie, I could be happy. Maybe not the happiest, but glad. Later that night, Jennie tucked her into bed and came back shortly.