Self Control First, Pleasure Second

Rosé POV

I threw my head back with a shot of tequila. I wasn't back to those nights again but I was with Tony, and I was supposed to tell him my choice.

Tony, the person I've known since grade school. We grew up together. He's always been here for me and I've been there for him. I saw him become a realtor and he supported my career with Saint Laurent. We were best friends. It shouldn't be that hard to tell him the truth.

As it turns out, I was more of a chicken than I thought. I couldn't tell him and it's been over an hour at this bar. I couldn't say it because I felt so bad! He's gonna be devastated because I chose Asa over him which he even told me not to do... God, I hate my life.

After our time at the bar ended, Tony had my arm around my waist as I stumbled out of the place. I kept drinking tonight because I didn't want it to be awkward. Drunk me was pretty fun, no? Anyway, Tony was parked on the side of the street and we only made it to the tree by his car until I suddenly yacked my dinner out.

"Gah... sorry, tree," I groaned. There I went again, hurting plants because of my boy problems.

"I told you not to drink those last five," Tony warned as he pet my back. "You alright now?"

I nodded, ignoring the feeling of hoarseness in my throat now. I wiped the tears away and sniffled. How did I get two men to find me attractive? Surely Tony would stop liking me after seeing me like this.

"Should we share a cab?" he asked. "I don't want you taking one alone." We took a cab here but I didn't really feel like having him take me home too... I'd be stalling too much and it wouldn't be fair to Asa if I invited Tony in my apartment. Drunk me would want to but drunk me was also stupid so I'd end up making mistakes. I couldn't make those mistakes anymore. Not when I had Asa.

"No, it's okay, Tony. I can just call Lisa. Where's my phone?" I pat my body for pockets but this dress didn't have any. Tony handed my purse to me and I thanked him.

"Let me take you home, Rosie. I'm already here."

"No, no, no. It's okay. Lisa's my designated driver." When I put the phone to my ear, someone called my name from ahead and I froze in place when Asa came into my line of vision. Seeing his handsome face and beautiful eyes, I was so happy.

Then I remembered... Ah shit, I didn't even tell Asa I was out with Tony tonight either! I thought it'd be better if I just told Tony on my own since it'd be easy but I was wrong and probably in trouble now. Great.

Asa looked between Tony and I, "How's your night?"

"It's fine. Are you out with a girl or something?" Tony asked with disinterest. He was holding my hand and I knew Asa saw it but didn't say anything.

"I was just out with Chloe," Asa replied with a smug face, making Tony clench his jaw. "It's been a while but she wanted to talk so I met up with her."

Who the fuck was Chloe?? His ex?!

"Rosie? Hello?" Lisa said and I remembered my phone was against my ear. "Helloooor? Ha, hellor."

"That's great for you, Asa. Hey, didn't she cheat on you too?" Tony asked and pet Asa's shoulder. "Tough luck, huh?"

The two of them forced out a few fake laughs and Asa dusted his shoulder from Tony's touch. "At least she chose me."

"Did she choose you? Or your wallet?"

"Why are you with Asa and Tony?" Lisa asked. "What's going on? Are they fighting?"

I cupped the microphone of my phone and whispered, "They're arguing over a girl named Chloe. Who's that?"