14 ~ Mirror Image

I woke up to an empty bed.

As I raised my hands to rub my face, I noticed that my golden cuffs where back in place.

Just great.

I sat up and noticed the stain of makeup my face had left on the pillow, and I instantly wished I had washed my face the night before. I yawned, got out of bed, and made my way to the ensuite bathroom. Once I was inside, I stared at my reflection.

I saw a woman staring back at me from the mirror. She was practically naked. She had emerald green eyes and wild hair. Her eyes looked lost, as though she didn't know what to do next. Her confidence was slowly disappearing.

My confidence was slowly disappearing.

I felt like an intruder. Like a lost kitten amongst several wild pit bulls. And not 'cause I'm half cat.

I could feel a tear starting to reach my eye, as I thought about my pack. That's where I belonged. Not a prisoner. Not used by my own mate.

Enough pitying yourself! Lana scolded me, trying to sound loud, but the gold weakening her. This is how it turned out. There's no point in wishing for a change in the past. You must focus on building your future.

"You're right." I agreed with her.

Let's do this.

I washed my face and brushed my hair with a comb I had found. Thankfully I managed to work my way around the handcuffs.

We're going to get through this. Nika ensured, optimistic as usual. And we will get mate too, while we're at it.

I laughed at her and shook my head with amusement. My mood was starting to lighten, as I began to sing a song my mother had taught me.

I walked out of the bathroom, and found my mate staring at me with passionate eyes. He was wearing a pair of black pants and a dark green polo t-shirt, that hugged his toned body.

Handsome as hell.

"You have a beautiful voice," he said.

"I guess," I replied, not wanting to admit to it. I turned away to place the comb that was still in my hand down on a nearby table. I caught his reflection in the mirror checking me out, as I remembered I was still practically naked. "You don't suppose you have something I can wear?"

"Nope," he stated. "I quite like what you're wearing. If you're feeling hot however, you're more than welcome to shed a layer or two of clothing." He said while smirking.

"Funny," I replied sarcastically. I turned to look him in the eyes, "Please?" I begged while pouting, and he sighed while turning around to make his way to his wardrobe.

"Follow me," he instructed.

"Do I have a choice?" I muttered.

"Nah," He replied.

He lead me to his walk in wardrobe, and he started rummaging through drawers pulling out clothing.

"Here we go," he instructed while throwing a pair of sweatpants and a large t-shirt my way.

"I'm going to wear your clothes?" I asked while raising my eyebrows.

"I don't see why not," he replied.

"Ehumm," I cleared my throat, causing his face to fill with confusion. "I can't dressed myself while handcuffed." I explained. He sighed and pulled a key out of his pocket, setting my hands free. "Aren't we kind?" I asked while stretching my wrists.