41 ~ Teasing is Mean

"Did you just mark me?" I looked at Adam as he backed away from me slightly, his eyes dark with lust.

"What?" I asked in a haze, my body still on fire from his touch.

His hand trailed to his neck. "Did you just mark me?" He repeated, more like a statement than a question.

"What? No, of course not." I said, while breathing heavily.

"Oh, really?" He challenged, arching his neck to reveal two bites.

My bites.

"Oh shit," I cursed, running my finger over his neck to examine the mark. "Oh, shit!"

This was not the way it was supposed to go. I was supposed to be in control of myself, and not so desperate. Not only had I admitted to missing my stupid mate, but I had just marked him, after giving him a lecture about how I didn't want us to mark each other.

Pathetic.

"Hey, hey calm down." he said, cupping my face. "It was bound to happen  sooner or later."

Why did he have to go and make me so horny? Touching my lady bits and making my wolf all excited.

"Yea but I was planning on the latter," I huffed.

He let out a chuckle before placing a small kiss on my forehead.

"Well I'm glad your plans didn't work out," he mumbled. He traced small kisses down my face, purposely skipping my lips. He was teasing me. And I loved it.

He continued his path down to behind my ear, then slowly placing faint kisses on my neck.

"No, no, no, no," I slowly said, pushing his body off my own. "You are not marking me."

"Why not?" He moaned like a child.

"Because I said so!" I argued. I could feel his anger race through my body. Since I marked him, I could now feel his strongest emotions, which at that point was anger. I wouldn't let him mark me. I couldn't have him feel my anxiety that evening when me and Sydney would be saving my family. He might try track me down again, and I didn't want to take that risk.

"Octavia, you mean everything to me. Every inch of my body wants- no needs- you near me."

"Marking has nothing to do with that," I stated.

"Marking you would mean I would know when you need me. And more importantly it would mean unmated wolves would know that you are off limits." I felt a pang of jealousy reach my stomach, his emotions filling my being.

"Jealous are we?" I joked.

"When it comes to you? Always."

"At least now you're off limits to all the women in your pack." I said. Something good did come out of that bite, then.

"I would be off limits with, or without this mark. The only one I'm permitted to be with, is you." Now it was my turn to kiss him, as his words made my insides melt. "Do you forgive me?"

"No," I said. "It's gonna take a little more than that."

He let out a sigh. "I'll keep working on it." I smiled and gave him a hug, not wanting to let my mate go. "You need to start wearing clothes when you're around me, or I won't be able to stop myself."