45 ~ Introductions

I held Pup in my arms as me, my family and Sydney walked through the forest. I set her down and looked over my shoulder to make eye contact with my father. He nodded and I got down on all fours before shifting into Nika. I shook my fur before getting lots of tiny licks from Pup who was happily reunited with my wolf. My father, brother and Sydney shifted. My mother got onto my father's back, and I picked Pup up from the fur behind her neck. Since my mother lost her cat, she couldn't shift, so we had all agreed that she would ride on my dad's back.

I ran in front of them, frequently turning my head to see my mom clutching tightly onto my father's dark fur with a wide smile across her face. Sam's almost identical wolf ran beside Sydney, their body's perfectly in tune.

They had all agreed to come meet Adam. I felt like I needed them to meet, so maybe I could start putting the pieces of life back together. Sydney was reluctant at first, she didn't like the idea of meeting Adam again, but she agreed soon after Sam did. Also, I wanted my family's opinions on my mate. I knew I shouldn't go back to him, but I had a gut feeling. It was like something was slowly pulling me towards him.

And as much as I hated it, I had to give in.

We kept running until we reached what I knew to be Adam's territory. I paused just before the boundaries, giving a nod to Sydney who would mind-link Adam, since they were both still in the same pack.

Soon enough, Adam's wolf appeared in front of me. I couldn't help but mentally smile as I noticed his wolf's white paw, which contrasted with his dark fur. It looked like he had forgotten to put on one of his socks. He was holding a sack in his mouth, which I hoped was either full of clothes or full of food.

We both shifted, and I embraced him not being able to stand another minute without our bodies in contact. I heard Pup whine behind me, but I think my mother took hold of her. I could tell Adam felt the same way as he picked me up, causing my legs to wrap around him as he kissed my forehead. I felt a sense of relaxation fill my body, as I took a deep breath of his scent.

"I missed you, Red." He said.

We heard the clearing of a throat and I turned my head to see my father standing with his hands over his parts.

"I don't suppose you have clothes in that sack of yours?" He asked.

"And who are you?" Adam responded after setting me back on the ground. He held my hand tightly, and I noticed his back straighten and his posture sharpen, his alpha instinct taking place.

"Adam, meet my Dad." I introduced. "Dad, this is Adam my-"

"Mate." Adam interrupted, protectively. "I'm sorry if I sounded rude, I had no intention of disrespecting you." He bowed his head slightly in respect, my father returning the action. "I didn't realize there would be this much company, so I only brought a few robes." He said dumping three on the floor. "I'll call for more right away." I'm pretty sure he mind linked someone, but I couldn't really tell.

"So you're the hardheaded guy she's been telling us about." Sam spoke. Adam let out a low growl at my brother, but I quickly shut him up.

"Stop with the growling, would you? That's my brother." I explained.

"You found your family?" Adam asked, as he finally put two and two together. I nodded, causing him to ask more questions. "How?"

"I'll explain everything, I promise." I smiled at him. "Adam, this is Sam." Sam held out his hand, waiting for Adam to shake it. Alpha's don't usually shake other were's hand, unless they are of a high ranking. Adam hesitated, glancing towards me. I narrowed my eyes at my mate, and he quickly responded by shaking Sam's hand while mumbling "Adam."

I picked up one of the white robes that were on the ground, and wrapped it around myself. I then handed one to my father and one to Sam. Adam remained bare, and Sydney was still in wolf form. I looked over to see my mother carefully studying my mate. Her eyes were slightly squinted and she pecked at her lower lip with her teeth, which was her usual facial expression when she was either confused or trying to figure something out. Or maybe in this case, figure someone out.

Just as I was about to introduce my mother to Adam, I smelt the sudden presence of a new wolf, before noticing one in front of us with a sack in its mouth.

The wolf shifted and Cam stood in front of me, his eyes wide.

"Luna," he said, bowing his head. "You came back."

"Luna?" I asked, looking at Adam, who turned away sheepishly. "Just call me Octavia." He nodded before continuing.

"The pack has been waiting for your return," he said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Sorry to interrupt your little discussion, but I need those robes." Adam said, taking the sack and pulling out two baby blue robes. "You can leave."

"Yes sir," Cam mocked a salute at his best friend. "Bye guys, I hope to properly meet you all later." My family mumbled their 'byes' before he shifted and took off.

After Adam dressed himself, he threw Sydney a robe who trotted behind a tree and came back in her human form, covered in the clothing. She went straight to Sam, clutching his hand and looking down at the floor. She seemed ashamed, and too shy to look at Adam. I had never seen her like that, and I instantly felt sorry for her.

"Shall we go inside, and you can tell me a bit more about your family?" Adam asked. I noticed Pup shivering in my mother's hands, so I walked up to her and grabbed her into my own. "Who's this?" Adam asked.

"I found her," I said. "There's a lot you need to catch up on."

"Let's not waste another second. Follow me."

We all did as he said, and upon leaving the borders of the forest and entering the pack, I noticed a crowd of people who had gathered outside of the pack house. I hid Pup under my robe, not wanting to scare her.

"What if they attack my family? They smell like Rogues." I worried.

"I've already mind linked everyone, they know not to attack."

"So why are they here?"

"To greet their Luna." My mother whispered, knowingly. The people turned in our direction, smiles upon their faces when they saw us.

We continued walking and the crowd parted like the Red Sea. There was complete silence, and they all bowed their heads as we passed. They had wide smiles on their faces, and I replied with my own small, shy smile. At the very end of the crowd, by the stairs leading to the door to the white building, stood the children. I smiled at them, and before I could walk away a little boy grabbed the bottom of my robe.

"Luna?" He asked.

"Please, call me Octavia." I replied. He nodded in understanding, and then revealed a rose which he was holding behind his back. "This is for you."

"Thank you so much," I said, kneeling down. "What's your name?"

"Kyle," he said.

"What a lovely name," I said, planting a faint kiss on his forehead.

"My mommy said you ran away. Will you run away again?" A girl asked as she cane running.

"It depends if your Alpha behaves himself. He can be very naughty you know."

"Oh, we know!" They both laughed.

"I must go," I said, getting up and looking at Adam, who had a wide smile on his face. "The naughty Alpha is waiting for me." The children stared at Adam, who let out a playful growl.

"Bye Luna!" They said, and the while crowd cheered.

---------------------------------------------

Incase you've forgotten, Cam is Adam's best friend and third-in-command.

Please vote if you enjoyed it, comment if you have anything to say and follow me! :)

- Maja x