44 ~ Quite The Werecat

"Well look at you, all grown up." I broke our hug to look at Sam, who was holding back tears. Mine were already streaming down my face, and I didn't know what to reply so I just smiled while keeping my gaze on my brother's brown eyes. He hadn't aged too much since I last saw him. He was eighteen when I last saw him, so his years of puberty were more or less over, so he still looked that age. But I could clearly tell that he had changed. His face was thinner, his eyes were dull and his hair was long and scruffy, even through I could tell he had tried to comb it down.

"Well sit down all of you," I heard Helen instruct as she came down the stairs. "Catalina, dear you must me exhausted."

"Nothing I can't handle," my mother replied. But we all sat down on the couches, nonetheless. I sat beside my brother who sat beside Sydney. I clutched his hand firmly. He might have been her mate, but he was my brother. And I wasn't ready to let him go just yet.

"Sydney told us you've found your mate," my father says. I nod in response.

"His name's Adam," I explained.

"Is he nice?" Mom asked.

"Nice?" I repeated. "I guess... He's very hardheaded."

"Like you then," she smiled. "So you're joining his pack?"

"Enough about me, how are you? How did you get out alive? How long have you been locked up?" I asked frantically.

"Calm down, Sweetie." She cooed.

"Yea, we're all fine." Sam said. "When our pack got attacked, their fighters came to look for you. Mom said she was the werecat they were looking for, so they took her. They thought I might be one too, even though I didn't smell like one. When they found out her cat was too passive, and I was a wolf, they went looking for you and Dad, who had gathered a few people and fled."

I remembered clearly the moment when they had attacked. I was with my mother and Sam. My father was training. So I had never found out what had happened to him.

"And they found you," I finished. "And you've been locked up since?" He nodded. I couldn't help but feel like the while situation was my fault. If I had just surrendered myself, they never would have taken my family. "Did they torture you?"

"Let's not speak of such negativity," Helen interrupted. "Tell them about Pup."

"You've met her?" I asked.

"She's adorable," my mom said whilst smiling. "Sydney told us you found her?"

"Yea, she was wounded. I couldn't find her mother, and I didn't want to leave her alone. She had a massive wound on her leg." I explained.

"Was she in pain?" She asked.

"But I managed to heal her," I said. My parent's eyes widened at my statement.

"You can heal?" Sam asked from beside me. I nodded in response, not wanting to make a big deal out of it.

"You're becoming quite the werecat," my dad smiled. "Quite like your mother."

"I'm sorry to interrupt," Sydney spoke up from beside my brother. "But if you are a werecat, why was everyone so obsessed with finding Octavia?"

"My cat's powers were taken away from me when I gave birth to Sam," she explained. "I thought I was going to have a miscarriage, or give birth to an unhealthy baby, so I went to a witch in desperation. She said she would help me, but it would cost me my leopard."

"I'm so sorry," Sydney murmured, as stunned as I was. I never knew my mom gave up her werecat for Sam.

"You did that for me?" Sam asked, obviously just as surprised.

"Of course," she stated. "You're welcome by the way." She smiled at our amazed faces.

"How could you-" Sydney began.

"Never mind that, just be glad I saved your mate." She interrupted, still smiling.

"Trust me, I am."

"Anyone want some tea?" Helen asked.

"I'll make it," I said while getting up.

"I'll help," my mom said. We went upstairs and straight to the kitchen.

"So tell me more about this mate of yours," she urged.

"Well, like I said, his name's Adam." I explained. "He's a bit... Difficult."

"In a good way?"

"Not really. He's a bit of a control freak. He doesn't like looking weak in front of his pack and he seems a bit lost. His dad used to beat him." I whispered.

"Really?" She asked, and I nodded in response.

"But he said he really wanted to be with me, and that he would do anything to get me to trust him, and all that bullshit. I'm attracted to him, don't get me wrong he's gorgeous, I just don't know if I can."

"Sweetheart, he's your mate. If there's anything I know about mates, it's that they find away to be together." 

"Easy for you to say, you got dad as a mate." I huffed.

"Trust me, he wasn't always like that." I raised my eyebrow at her, while pouring the boiling water into the different mugs. "Your father was quite the man whore."

"Mom!" I exclaimed.

"What? It's true. And since I was a werecat, I didn't have much feelings for him, since our mate bond isn't as strong. But things happened and our puzzle fell into place, just like I'm certain yours will."

"We'll have to wait and see," I mumbled.

"Pup seems quite fond of you, by the way. At least from what I've heard."

"About that," I began. "I need your help."

"With what?"

"Sydney caught Pup shifting into a little girl in her sleep. I saw her too, but the second she heard us, she shifted back and woke up. I'm worried about her, and I'm extremely confused. I mean, she doesn't smell like a werewolf at all, and her mother was no where to be seen when I found her. I tried to look for traces, but I couldn't find anything."

"She might be too young to have adapted the were smell, but it's hard to tell. Maybe we should take her to an Elder, they might be able to help."

"We could do," I nodded. "But first, I want you all to meet Adam."

---------------------------------------------

A.N:

Guys, I'm so sorry for the late update. And I'm sorry that this chapter is short, and in my opinion, really shitty. I'm stressing out with school, and other personal problems I'm going through. But hey, at least I tried. I'm going to try and write as much as possible, but please be patient with me!

Also, thank you all so much for your sweet comments. I try to answer most of them, but if I didn't then I'm sorry! I never thought this book would get into the top 50 in the werewolf genre, thank you all so much for voting, or even just simply reading!

Also, I just reached 200k reads, so comment your story title and I'll vote for your story (:

Please vote if you enjoyed it, comment if you have anything to say and follow me! :)

- Maja x