51 ~ Speeches and Challenges

We walked down the hallway hand in hand, and I could already hear people talking from the ground floor, where the dinner was going to place in the dining hall.

"Any last minute tips?" I asked as we walked down the stairs.

"Make small talk and smile, and they'll love you." He said. I nodded my head in understanding as we reached the bottom of the staircase. He suddenly stopped and raised his free hand to slowly cup my neck and turn it to the left. "Your mark. It's changed." He said.

I felt my face become confused as I caught my reflection in the mirror hanging on the wall. He was right.

Where the two canine bites had been, was now replaced with two, birthmark-like, straight lines. Both were the exact same size, parallel to each other.

I lift up my hand to trail my fingers over them. "What do you think they mean?" I asked.

"I don't know," he replied. I took my hand out of his, and although I could already see the mark coming out from his white shirt, I pulled lightly on it to reveal that his mark was exactly the same as my own. When two werewolves are marked, the mark eventually becomes a symbol of their relationship. My parents had a triangle inside a circle, representing their completely different beings becoming one through the mate bond.

"Maybe we'll find out soon enough," he continued. He took my hand once again and kissed it. "C'mon, let's go."

We walked to the dining hall, the glass doors already wide open to reveal several circular tables of people, surrounding one large rectangular table in the middle of the room. The second we entered the room, everyone was on their feet, all eyes on us. I felt my stomach flip over, and I thought I was going to puke.

Calm down, Adam mind linked. It's just a dinner.

Easy for you to say, I replied.

We walked towards the table at the centre, where two seats placed at the head of the table were empty. I noticed Duke, Cam, Caleb and Robin as well as a few other familiar faces standing on side of the table. On the other side stood my mother, who held Pup in her arms, father, brother who was holding Sydney. I looked around and spotted Ryan's pink hair on a round table, since his ranking was not high enough to sit beside Robin. Pup let out a small bark when she saw me, but my mother managed to hush her.

As we walked people bowed their heads slightly, muttering the words "Alpha". We soon found our seats, but we remained standing.

"Many of you may already know why we are here this evening," Adam began. "A few weeks ago my mate, Octavia, arrived here as a prisoner. I am overjoyed that the Moon Goddess has chosen me to be her mate, and in that same way chosen her to be our Luna. I hope you will all share my happiness, and give her all you love, respect and kindness, and I promise you that it will be returned by the both of us."

"Any words from the Luna?" A voice spoke from the corner of the room. I found the face of the girl, and I smiled at her before speaking.

"You all know so little about me, and yet you all have chosen to accept me. I hope we will all get to known each other better, and that I will be able to help this pack in the best way possible. You should all know that there are neighboring packs who do not think very highly of my presence, just like you all did, just like Adam did. But I hope that we can all persuade them into realizing that I am no threat. I only wish to help you all," I looked over at Adam who's eyes were filled with pride as he smiled at me.

"Let's eat," he said and as we both sat down the room burst into applause, which soon turned into conversation between people. Adam soon started conversation with Caleb about his plans for us to leave for the nearest sorceress. I soon lost interest in their conversation and my eyes trailed to Kyle's who was not sitting far from me.

"So you wish to train with us?" The head fighter said.

"I would," I replied. "I havn't trained in a while, and I would like to have some sort of role when it comes to fighting strategies." I heard the sound of Fiona, who was sitting beside him, choke slightly on her wine. "Is there a problem?" I asked.

"I don't want to sound rude," She began. "But the training field is no place for Lunas who are scared to break a nail." This caused Kyle to nudge her. She might be head fighter, but she very well knew that I outranked her.

And yet she enjoys the challenge, Nika growled.

So do I, I replied.

"It's more likely I break your arm," I hissed back. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"I'd like to see you try," She growled.

"Fiona," Kyle warned.

"Is everything alright?" Adam butted in.

"Yes," I smiled. "Fiona has just agreed to having me train with her."

"She has?" He replied, confused.

"Alpha I-" She began.

"Can't wait!" I interrupted. "Adam, wheres Alpha Stephan? Theo is sitting alone."

"He said he had some pack business to attend to," he replied. Just then Stephan walked through the door. He bowed his head slightly in our direction, as a sign of respect before his head jerked to the left and his eyes darkened. Confused, I followed his gaze to one of the circular tables and soon noticed that Ryan's eyes were just as dark.

They're mates, I told Adam. I expected Stephan to walk towards Ryan, but instead he quickly turned his head and walked to Theo. I looked at Ryan, who was just staring at his food, and he looked heart broken.

"He's not letting me mind-link him," Robin whispered. I looked over at Theo, who didn't seem to notice what had just happened, just like everyone else in the room apart from my mate, Robin and I.

I was about to get up, when Adam placed his hand on mine.

"Later," he whispered. I nodded, and smiled when I noticed Duke staring at me, but he didn't smile back.

"Why don't you like me?" I asked. I knew everyone at the table could probably hear me, but I couldn't care less.

"I never said that," he replied.

"Oh please," I rolled my eyes. "I understand that you didn't enjoy my company before, but why hasn't anything changed? I havn't done anything to hurt you, and yet you hate me."

"You're putting words in my mouth," he replied. "I have nothing against you, and I respect you as my Alpha's mate."

"And as your Luna," Adam added. Duke nodded, and turned his head to speak to Kyle.

I don't like him, I told Adam.

I think the feeling is mutual, he replied.

Why? I asked.

His mother was killed by a werecat, he replied. I stared at Adam, shocked. That's enough worrying for one meal, let's try enjoy the rest of it. I nodded, and took a spoonful of soup which had been brought to our table.

---------------------------------------------
A.N:
Incase you forgot; Kyle and Fiona are head fighters. In the very beginning, Fiona held a house party which Ryan and Robin took Red to.

Alpha Stephan is the Alpha of Theo's pack, and Theo is a werecat who had his panther removed, but he can still heal and is teaching Red to heal too.

Please vote if you enjoyed it, comment if you have anything to say and follow me! :)

- Maja x