36 ~ All Better

|Quick Recap|

Octavia has found out that Sydney is her brother, Sam's mate. She now knows that he, along with her family, is alive and is imprisoned.

While having a drink, Nika found a wounded wolf pup, who ended up falling asleep cuddled up to Nika.

---------------------------------------------

I felt a slobbery tickle on my muzzle as I opened my eyes in alarm, but quickly calmed down as I noticed what had woken me up. The little wolf pup was licking Nika's nose, and I was glad that it was calmer than it had been the evening before.

I looked up into the sky and noted the position of the sun. The sun rose in at around six, so I guessed it was around seven. I let out a yawn and looked down at the pup, only to see it fall onto its back. Nika instantly licked it's head to comfort the youngster.

At that point I saw that the pup was in fact a female. It didn't take a scientist to notice the genitals of the pup. Then I focused on her leg. It was covered in blood so I couldn't really see where the wound was. I started to lick it, to try and clean it, but the puppy quickly jolted away from me.

After several tries she seemed to give in, and soon I found the wound which was extremely deep. My first instinct was to try and bandage it, but I had no equipment.

Helloooo... Lana sang in my head.

This is no time for games, I replied.

Did you forget that I can heal? She asked.

Oh my Goddess, you're right! I exclaimed. But how do we do it without shifting? I asked, not wanting to scare the pup.

Can I try heal? Nika asked.

It can't get much worse, I replied.

Nika focused all her energy on the little wolf, but after several minutes, nothing was happening.

We have to shift. I said.

We'll frighten her. Nika murmured.

Just shift into me, I explained.

Nika got up, and moved away from the pup, who moaned in protest.

We looked her in the eye and shifted. When we were done, I looked down to see fear in her eyes.

"Shh shh, don't worry sweetheart," I cooed. "It's alright." I took a step closer to her, but she instantly backed away. "I'm not going to hurt you, look." I sat down on the ground, and held my hand out to her.

After about a minute of sitting there, she shuffled about a centimeter closer to me.

"Where's you're mama?" I whispered, trying not to frighten her. "Why are you out here alone?" I noticed the puppy, looked away, as though she was sad.

"Can you understand me?" I asked. No reply. "Maybe not."

After a lot of whispering and calm movements, I managed to get close enough to her. I stretched out my arms and slowly covered her leg.

"Trust me, this won't hurt." I reassured.

If it works, I thought to myself.

I closed my eyed and concentrated. I pictured the wound closing. I pictured her leg without the massive wound. I pictured and pictured until I couldn't picture anymore.

When I opened my eyes, and lifted my hands, the wound had diminished by at least three times its size.

"There we go," I smiled at the little puppy, who stared at her wound with wide eyes. "All better."

Just as I said that, her stomach started made a tiny rumbling sound.

"It's problem after the other with you," I sighed. "I guess I'll have to go hunting. Stay." I commanded, as I began to walk off. I heard small whimpers and moans of protest, but decided that feeding her is more important than keeping her company.

Remembering that shifting into Lana would mean that Adam would be able to track me down, I decided to shift into Nika instead. Besides, I didn't want to scare the puppy.

I came back with two rabbits and a squirrel hanging from my mouth. I had hoped to find a dear, but no such luck.

I went back to were I had left the puppy, and lay the food down beside her. Her ears perked up at the sight of food, and I nudged it closer to her, allowing her to begin. Since it was only natural for wolves to eat raw meat, I didn't bother trying to cook it.

After our meal I decided we should take a small nap. So I watched as she circled around a spot before laying down and closing her eyes. Looking up into the sky I jumped as I suddenly remembered. I had to meet Sydney.

I got up, but the puppy sat up just as I did. I had no time to try coax her to sleep, so Nika grabbed the fur above her head softly into her mouth, and began running towards Old Granny's.

---------------------------------------------

I shifted as soon as I reached the parts of the woods closest to the cafe. I held the puppy in my hands, and crouched down, so not to be seen.

Soon enough I saw Sydney walking towards me, clothes in hand.

"And you told me not to be late." She said, mockingly.

"I had a small set-back." I said, getting up to reveal the pup in my arms.

"What in the name of..." She trailed off.

"I found her, and I don't know who her mother is." I explained.

"Can I smell her?" Sydney asked.

"I already did. I can't smell anything on her, I think she's a pure wolf." I said. Sydney started to come close to the whelp, but it instantly began growling. "She's a bit shy."

"Here get dressed," Sydney said, tossing the clothes at me. "We gave a lot to discuss, I spoke to your brother."

I pulled the clothes on, and walked towards the girl.

"Let's just get him out of there." I stated.

---------------------------------------------

65 votes for the next chapter?

Please vote if you enjoyed it, comment if you have anything to say and follow me! :)

- Maja x