28

When my plane landed that night, I immediately turned my phone on. I had a missed call from Sawyer, a voice-mail, and three new text messages. A smile spread across my face as I dialed into my voice-mail to listen to Sawyer's sweet voice.

"Hey beautiful. Just calling to let you know that my plane just landed in San Diego. You were the first one that I called. I hope your flight is going amazingly well and that you didn't get stuck next to some creepy person like I did. Text me as soon as you get this and I'll call you as soon as I get to London. I love you Brit. Talk to you soon." Sawyer's voice ended and I saved the message with a huge smile on my face. 

The doors dinged and everybody stood up to grab their bags, but I stayed seating, I was going to wait on everybody to get out of my way anyway, so I decided to send my lovely boyfriend a text message. 

New Message to Sawyer

Hey there cutie. My plane just landed and I'm waiting to get off. My flight was great. I sat next to the same guy here that I did on the way to California. Um. When you call me I demand to know the story of that crazy person you were stuck sitting by. I gotta go now. I love you! Text me as soon as you can. ♥

I hit send on the message and stood up out of my seat, grabbed my two bags, and headed to the front of the plane. My flight took almost six hours, so that means I have another five until Sawyer lands in London. 

It's also five in the morning and I have to be at work in two hours. 

When I'm in the normal airport, I stop right next to a Starbucks and pulled my phone back out. Jones was the one picking me up from the airport, so I needed to call him and make sure he was here and didn't forget me... again. 

I dialed his number and put the phone up to my ear. 

"Hey have you landed yet?" He asked as soon as he answered.

"Yeah. I'm at a Starbucks outside my gate. Where are you?" I asked standing up and grabbing my bags again.

"I'm at the baggage claim for your flight. Head over here and I'll find your suitcase. Jade is here with me waiting on you. Be prepared to be tackled." He laughed.

"Alright." I laughed, "I'm on my way to you. See you in a second."

"Kay. Bye." Jones hung up the phone. He's obviously super polite.

The walk to baggage claim was quick due to the fact that my gate was so close to the security check gate. And as soon as I walked through the little hall, I saw Jones and his wife,  Jade, standing there waiting for me.

As soon as Jade recognized me, she came running towards me and jumped into my arms shrieking.

Jade and I have been really close ever sense I met her and Jones a couple years ago. If it weren't for her, I probably would have left Carl's publishing house a long time ago. But she usually stops me from doing that. Every time I try.

"Oh my goodness! I haven't seen you in so long! I've miss you so much Britty!" Jade screamed in my ear as she hugged me. 

"I missed you too! We have so much to catch up on during the next couple of weeks! I have so much to tell you!" I giggled and hugged her back.

"I already told Jones that either tonight or tomorrow night, you and I are having girls night! I have so much to tell you too."

"Speaking of Jones!" Jones yelled from behind us,"How many of your blue suitcases am I supposed to be looking for?"

"Only one! My dad shipped a couple of boxes to your place so that I didn't have to travel with so much since I'm supposed to be moving here." I let go of Jade and started walking towards Jones, who already had my bright blue suitcase at his feet.