10

"Your phone is like blowing up." Sawyer pointed out as we climb into his car to head to iHop.

"I know. It's Nikki and Penny. They are like freaking out on me about some mall trip? I don't have any idea what they're talking about." I answer as my phone started ringing, Nikki's face filling my screen.

"Where the hell are you missy? And Sawyer? He's supposed to be here too!" Nikki yelled as soon as I answered the phone.

"What are you talking about?" I ask. "You told the two of us that we had today free until the parties tonight."

"One of the girls was supposed to come and tell you that we decided on a last minute mall trip!" Nikki stated. "Didn't someone come talk to you in your room yesterday? We were all supposed to meet at my hotel room."

"Nobody ever told us anything." I answered.

"Well are you at the hotel still? Who am I kidding, I can see you guys in Sawyer's car from here. Where are you going?" Shes asked me walking towards the car.

"Hang on. I'll get out and talk to you." I rolled my eyes as I unbuckled my seat belt and started walking towards my best friend.

"Where are you guys going? We were all thinking about going somewhere for lunch." Nikki tells me as she approaches me. She didn't seem mad, just a little frustrated that things weren't going according to her plan. That's Nikki though. She likes everybody to follow a very strict schedule.

"We were about to go to iHop. Sawyer said while he got out of the car.

"We only woke up a little while ago." I added on.

"Alright. We'll all meet you at iHop." Nikki smiled. She winked at me, sending me a signal that she was sure she knew what kept us up all night.

"Wait. Come to my room for a second. I have something for you." I tell her while grabbing her hand. "Sawyer, I'll be right back!"

"Alright babe." He said smiling at me.

"Babe? That's a bit of an upgrade from last night at dinner isn't it?" Nikki asked, looking completely shocked.

"Nope. I'm pretty sure that he called me babe a few times last night." I replied quickly. I didn't think Nikki would handle it well if I told her about Sawyer and I dating, and it would have been really bad if I upset her this close to her wedding, which was the next day. I really thought she would like it better if she were thinking that Sawyer and I were just hooking up.

"I don't think so." Nikki narrowed her eyes.

Sawyer just looked at me before adding, "No I'm pretty sure that I called her babe yesterday too."

"You guys are full of it. What's going on? Tell me now! And tell me the truth. I know both of you well enough to know when there is something going on or when one of you are trying to lie to me."

"Alright. But you have to promise not to get too upset." Sawyer said sitting on the hood of his car.

"Like you really have to promise Nikki. We know how you are too." I said smiling at her and sitting next to Sawyer.

"Just tell me what's going on."

"Well.. I kind of asked Britain to be my girlfriend yesterday after the dinner."

"And I said yes."

"Really? That's it? And you guys were acting like you were going to tell me that you refused to be in my wedding or something? I mean seriously you two, it's the day before my wedding. Do you really think that your relationship status is? Especially when I have so much to do already?" Nikki laughed, a very fake laugh.