36

"Are you cool with that?" Sawyer whispered in my ear as he pulled me closer to him. We were sitting on the floor, leaning on one of the couches in front of the Christmas Tree. We finished giving gifts about twenty minutes ago and had been sitting around talking ever sense. Zoey and Courtney all left right after gifts, so they could get their kids to bed before too late. Jordan and Margret were sleeping in a room down the hall. Sawyers siblings were the only ones that ended up coming because the snow had gotten too bad for the rest of the family to travel.

"Cool with what?" I asked snapping my head back to reality. I had been daydreaming a little bit while Sawyer and his mom were talking.

"Staying the night here." Sawyer laughed, his eyes twinkling.

"Oh yeah. I don't mind. I have my dress in the car, I can just wear that tomorrow." 

"Yay! I'm going to go make you some hot chocolate." Momma exclaimed and jumped off her chair and rushed towards the kitchen.

"I'm going to go help her." Jamison rolled his eyes and followed the woman.

"Hey. I'll be right back. I have to grab something from my room." Dylan piped in as well, before jumping up from where he was sitting in front of the fireplace.

"Us too!" Milya and Vanessa said in unison. 

"Okay. What's actually going on?" I laughed and looked up at Sawyer.

"How should I know? They're teenagers. It's eleven at night. Maybe they're doing the normal thing and getting their pajamas on." Sawyer scratched the back of his head.

There was something going on. I could feel it in my bones. Everybody had been acting weird ever sense we started opening gifts an hour before. Sawyer had been acting weird all day. I just couldn't figure out what he was up to.

"Sawyer. Really. What's going on?" 

"Nothing. Really babe." Sawyer leaned over and kissed my nose. "But I do have something I want to give to you while we're alone."

"What?" My eyebrows scrunched together.

Sawyer untangled himself from me and stood up. I watched him as he walked over to the Christmas Tree and reached his hand through the branches. I had no idea what was happening. Not until I saw him draw his hand back, holding a small ring box.

"What is that?" I said so quietly it was almost a whisper. 

Sawyer walked back over to me and sat back down facing me.

"Britain. I know we've only known each other for six months. I know we've only been together for six months. I know we're moving quickly. I know this may be crazy." Sawyer took a deep breath, "But I also know that I am head-over-heals in love with you. You're the woman I want to be with. I have no doubts about what the future holds for us. I'm so in love with you that I never want to be without you again. I want you by my side from now, until the end of time." He paused again. "Britain Marie Jacobs. I want you to marry me."

"Sawyer," tears sprang to my eyes as he opened the small box and gave me view of the beautiful ring sitting inside. Nothing I had ever seen before was as beautiful.

"Britain. I love you more than anything in the world. Please say yes." Sawyer looked into my eyes, deeper then ever. It felt like he was peering into my soul. 

"Yes. Absolutely!" I whispered as tears started falling down my face. 

Sawyer had a huge grin across his face as he slid the ring onto my finger and leaned down to kiss me, wrapping both of his arms around me.

"My last baby is getting married!" I heard a familiar voice yell from behind us.

"Dad?" I turned towards the staircase and saw Dylan, Milya, and Vanessa standing on the stairs, holding a cell phone, on Skype, facing us. 

"Sawyer wanted us to be able to see the proposal! It was beautiful Sawyer!" My mom had a smile on her face.

"Sawyer is pretty amazing." I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"We'll talk to you tomorrow sweetie. I love you!" My dad yelled.

"Love you too dad! I love you mom!" I yelled back, starring right in Sawyers eyes.

"I can't believe my baby is engaged." Momma cried from the doorway, holding a camera towards us. Suddenly, I understood why everybody had been acting so weird. He had everybody in on this.

"Sawyer. You're the best." I grabbed his face and gave him another kiss.

"You bring out the best in me." He whispered against my lips. "Now we can officially say, we're a couple of Speedy Petes. Just like your sisters."

"I wouldn't change a thing. I love you Sawyer."