33

"How did I end up with such a cute girlfriend?" Sawyer asked as I walked into his living room wearing a pair of short shorts and a floral tank top.

"The accent won the most points if you really want to know." I winked and picked my backpack up off the floor.

"Good to know this voice of mine comes in handy for something. Here in London, we all sound the same, so you're going to get tired of it."

"Doubtful." I smiled then changed the subject, "If you don't feed me soon, I may end up turning into a rasin human and dying."

"Well then come on. I don't think that I would enjoy dating a rasin. Doesn't sound like it would be that much fun."

Sawyer grabbed my hand and led me out of the door to his apartment and down the stairs. We didn't say anything until we were in his car and getting ready to pull out of the parking lot.

"Do we have a lot to do today? Or are we coming back to your apartment after breakfast and grocery shopping?" I asked Sawyer while I watched him start driving his car, which by the way, is one of the most attractive things I've seen him do.

"I have to run a few errands. Like, I have to get you a house key, and some stuff for work, and I had an appointment with a car dealership today to trade my car. You don't have to come with me if you don't want to. It may be a pretty long and boring day. But at least if I get it done now, I won't have to do it later."

"I'll go with you. But, it does seem kind of fishy that you took the day off to be with me, but you have all this stuff you have to do." I laughed at him and looked at him with a suspicious look on my face.

"Well, the appointment at the dealership isn't until like, five, which is usually around the time I get home from work, and the key thing is something that just happened. Sense you know, I had no idea you were planning on coming to London." Sawyer sent me a smile.

"Good things I guess." I laughed another little laugh and leaned my head on the window.

"Don't get too comfy. We're almost there! The diner really isn't that far away from my apartment."

"I'm not getting too comfortable Sawyer, I just like to watch you drive."

♥♥

Sawyer wasn't kidding when he said the diner wasn't that far from his apartment. It only took like, five minutes to get there.

It was a cute little diner. Kind of run down, but in the old timey way that made it look homey and adorable. The tables were made of wood and the chairs matched. Everybody inside was kind of old, but they were also really nice. Little old couples sat all around the inside of the diner, smiling and chatting away like they hadn't seen each other in a really long time. Old men drinking their cups of coffee, and the old ladies drinking their tea.

It made me smile and feel really happy inside seeing it all. You wouldn't find something like this in California. This is somewhere I would want my future kids to be. Somewhere I would like to go with my family or loved ones.

"So what do you think?" Sawyer asked with a smile spreading across his face as we walked into the diner. He had his arm wrapped around my waist and was looking down and into my eyes, waiting for me to answer him.

"I love it in here and I haven't even tried the food yet." I smiled back as a short lady with graying hair walked over to us. She was wearing an apron with a pair of old jeans and a t-shirt underneath.

"Sawyer! There you are! How have you been?" She asked grinning from ear to ear as she raced over to us.

"Hey Darlene! I've been fantastic. I just got back from Indiana for my cousins wedding."

"But I thought you were supposed to come back a week ago? And who is this beautiful young lady right here? I've never seen you before!" Darlene's smile just grew even more, she looked like she was glowing with happiness.

"She's the reason I stayed in the States for an extra week. Darlene, meet Britain, my girlfriend. Britain, this is Darlene, probably the sweetest lady you will ever meet here in London. She takes good care of me, and feeds me all the time if I ever forget to do my shopping."

"It's nice to meet you Britain! Here, let's get you guys a table. We can get to know each other a little more after I fill your stomachs with some amazing food." Darlene giggled and led us over to a booth in the back corner of the diner, kind of out of the way of everybody else, and she sat a menu down in front of me. "Pick anything on the menu, your meal is on me this morning. A little welcome home gift for Sawyer, who really needs to get away from noodles for a while."

"Well, I think I'll let Sawyer decide for me today. Everything sounds so good." I smiled up at her.

"Go ahead and get us both my usual breakfast Darlene. I feel like it's important that Britain discovers the amazingness of the food that you make."

"Oh shucks. Stop it you." Darlene laughed and nodded her head, "Alright you two, be good. Your food will be out in just a few minutes."

"Thank you!" Sawyer yelled after her as she walked towards the kitchen. Then he looked back at me, "See. I told you it's amazing."

"I haven't even had anything to eat yet." I laughed.

"But I can tell you already love this place."