Creepy

Ch.4

Rehearsals for The Nutcracker were crucial and happened often. It had the most scheduled performances of all the productions. The closer the show, the more rehearsal and attention it received. Currently, The Nutcracker was still in the stage of certain scenes getting choreographed and blocked without full runs. Since your part was fairly small, you were able to practice by yourself in a studio sometimes. You used that time to practice for the audition. Tomorrow was finally the auditions for Swan Lake after a painful amount of waiting.

You were trying to act like everything was fine and that you were going about this audition casually. As the date came closer, you were struggling to lie to yourself. You wanted the role of Odette so badly. You needed more to do or else you were going to lose your mind! What was worse was that Jimin has been keeping an eye on you despite every argument the two of you got in. He's always correcting you, acting like he's superior to you and it makes you want to fight him. The most annoying part was that you followed his corrections and he noticed. Every single one of them.

Little details that he felt could improve were getting adjusted and you hated how it did look nicer. It's been causing you to be angry while practicing on your own. Actually, you felt angry almost all the time besides being in rehearsal. Company class was frustrating thanks to Yumi and Jimin then you just had to avoid Jimin everywhere else. You got peace during rehearsals that didn't concern Jimin or Yumi. Now being one of them as you danced with Hwanwoong for The Nutcracker. The choreographer gave the two of you a five minute break which you were grateful for. Then your hour lunch break would be after this and you couldn't wait for that!

"I know this sounds super weird to nondancers, but I am obsessed with the arch in your feet." Hwanwoong walked up to you as you laid on the floor. You were just panting and being a sweaty mess as he approached you, cute as a button. It wasn't fair in the slightest.

"Thank you." You stuck your leg up in the air, pointing it as Hwanwoong clapped. You giggled as you returned your leg back to the floor.

"I also hope you felt safe and okay during the lifts. It's our first test with lifts so it was a little rough." Hwanwoong sat down on the floor with you. He seemed a little hesitant and nervous about doing so as if he was interrupting your time to melt into a puddle. You didn't mind the chatting at all, so you made sure to smile. Were you intimidating to him too? "I felt like you were sinking too much during the pas de chats so I was trying to lift you up higher during them."

"It was just fine, Hwanwoong. Don't worry too much about those. You gotta save up your energy for the lift into a fish dive." You chuckled. He looked so serious to the point where it was adorable. He was your age, but he felt so much younger.

"I'm pretty short, but I'll lift you up on my shoulder no problem! I try to work out my upper body often!" Hwanwoong brought his hand up to his head as if he were saluting you. He quickly became pink in the face as he lowered his arm. "Ah, I don't know why I did that..."

He was embarrassed, but you didn't mind his little salute. Hwanwoong was always so eager and excited to dance that it was always fun working with him. This was probably the most you've ever gotten to work with him before. In the past it has usually been being in the same production at most. Now you have a pas de deux with him and you're also Juliet while he's Romeo. The two of you were finally getting the chance to get to know each other. That was nice since the last male principal you had to work with during the summer was...interesting. At least Hwanwoong is sweet!

"What productions are you in this season?" You pushed yourself up into a sitting position.

"Oh, just the same as you. The Nutcracker, Romeo and Juliet, and then I'm hoping to get into Swan Lake." Hwanwoong nodded with a smile. Closing your water bottle, you hummed in thought when it occurred to you that he wasn't in any all-male productions.