Cure for Loneliness

Ch.24

The days were counting down to Frankenstein's opening night. Naturally Jimin was looking forward to it. It was all he could think about these days. He couldn't be bothered to worry too much about Jungkook joining his friend group and things of that nature. He just accepted it now that his workdays were growing longer. While you went home earlier, a good amount of the danseurs remained dancing at the company. They were having their rehearsals staged for the month of October. Working with the props and setting while also adjusting the blocking.

Frankenstein had become the priority of SNB. Other rehearsal schedules were adjusted in order to allow the men of Frankenstein to have their long rehearsals that would go into the night. The overall show lasted two hours when completely run through, but there were many stops and pauses during the rehearsal process. It was exhausting to say the least. Jimin was up from the early morning and coming home late at night with his body aching.

He would always feel it in the morning. Jimin was used to it though as he already had his methods on how to deal with the pain. Of course, there were vitamins and pills. He also used a massage gun when he felt it was necessary on any sore muscles. His visits to the physical therapy clinic became more frequent. Most dancers went there more often just to be cautious. Preventing an injury was extremely important if he wanted to keep his career long.

There was a lot going through Jimin's mind. Most people would be going home now unless they were a part of Frankenstein. He was changing slowly in the locker room when he had received a text from you. A cheerful message encouraging Jimin to give it his all but also to be safe. Jimin stared at it for a while before sending you a smiley face with a blush. He felt giddy as he leaned into his locker, hiding himself from the others in the room.

"Yo, what's going with Jimin?" Jungkook asked. Irritating. Now that he was in the friend group somehow, he thought it meant he could ask personal questions like this.

Jimin's eye twitched, turning off the screen of his phone to take a step back from his locker. Hwanwoong was sitting on the bench, nearly finished with changing. Jungkook was taking his sweet time though. He remained shirtless with his tights on. A good amount of the dancers had switched out and headed towards the theatre to warm up on stage. The only reason Jimin was taking a while was because of your text. A little distraction, that's what you were.

"Just change, Jungkook. Jimin is fine." Hwanwoong shrugged. That didn't stop Jungkook from being skeptical.

"Yah, refer to me as Hyung. Just because Jungkook doesn't, doesn't mean you can too." Jimin stared down at Hwanwoong who looked up at him with a smile. It was a sweet angelic one. Hwanwoong was just happy to see his hyung acting like himself. It wasn't a sneaky one nor was he faking it. Too kind, Jimin sighed to himself before looking up at Jungkook. A punchable face. That's what ran through Jimin's mind every time he saw Jungkook's dumb face. "And you...call me Sunbae."

"And why do I have to do that? Aren't we like buddies?" Jungkook smiled, wiggling his brows.

"No." Jimin turned around. He ignored the frown on Jungkook's face so easily. Mainly because it didn't take long for Jungkook to bounce back up again and have a smile stretching from ear to ear.

"Aw, I bet (F/n) texted you. You should just ask her out if you like her," Jungkook said as Jimin removed his own shirt. He shoved his sweaty shirt into a dirty bag in his locker before getting a new tank top from his bag.

"I'm not interested in dating and certainly not with (F/n). We are friends, nothing more," Jimin stated. His tone almost came off as prideful when mentioning his friendship with you. "It'd be better for you to focus on Frankenstein instead of making things up."