Pointe Shoes

Ch.18

"You can't take it back," You said for the millionth time.

As if that wasn't adding to Jimin's regret. He was feeling anxious with his decision but forced a small smile and nodded at you. He was trying to play it off like this whole scenario didn't matter to him. What happened was, Jimin apologized and offered to let you cut his hair. Something you had jokingly showed interest in before and he seemed to remember that when wanting to earn your forgiveness. Were you still mad at him? Not really. You were just hoping he truly meant his apology and would stick to his promises of being better. You didn't want his apology if he was only going to keep hurting you in the end.

You were unsure of his offer at first. What kind of game was he playing? A lot went through your head. Was he purposefully giving you a chance to get revenge or did he consider this bonding time? Whatever it was, you agreed. Jimin told you to come to his place on Sunday to cut his hair in the afternoon so that's what you were doing now. He welcomed you into his home, assured you that he was sticking to his word, and the two of you were now in his bathroom. He sat on a chair with a trash bag cut in half and spread out underneath to catch all the hair. Everything was set up and finally scissors were in your hands. You had all the power right now.

If you wanted to kill him, you very much could. The scissors in your hands were pretty sharp and he was sitting vulnerably in front of you. He wasn't even looking at you through the mirror. There was no better time than now. Were you actually going to do it? No. Aside from the fact that you didn't have it in you, you were hoping to actually see some progress from Jimin. He better mean his promise! Most importantly, you get to give him a haircut and he's going to have to live with it! That was all you needed to feel relaxed as you took a step closer to him.

"Don't leave a bald spot," Jimin said.

"Thanks for the suggestion." You played with his black hair with your free hand. It felt soft in between your fingers which you weren't too impressed about. He seemed like the type to be meticulous about caring for his body. It also explained why his hair always looks silky.

"No." Jimin frowned.

"I can do what I want," You reminded him. You were the one who made the rules around here for this bonding activity. Besides, it's not like you actually planned to leave him with an embarrassing haircut. You weren't a monster. He needed to trust you and relax. Jimin was tenser than you've ever seen him before. It made you want to chuckle since he always tried to play off this cool attitude and act like he didn't care about anything. "You got a lot of hair."

"Don't..." Jimin started again only to become silent. Good. You smiled, running your fingers through his hair as you tried to even it out. All you were planning on doing was trimming his hair. Anything else, you weren't qualified of doing. You'll try to shorten his hair so it doesn't get in the way when he dances and hopefully that will be good enough. He won't be able to put it in a ponytail anymore though. That was a shame, but he wanted it short in the first place.

"I'm going to start cutting now, okay? Don't move." You could hear him take in a breath.

Jimin refused to move an inch as he shut his eyes tightly. Was he that nervous? There was nothing for him to be nervous about! As you grabbed a piece of his hair by his forehead with two fingers, you cut a piece off. Jimin took in a sharp inhale. There was no going back now so it was best to just keep going. You continued with grabbing locks of his hair and cutting in a straight line. The main goal was to make his hair even and shorter like he wanted. As more pieces of hair began to fall on the ground, you stared at Jimin's face in hopes that his new haircut looked well.

It actually didn't look horrible. You were pretty surprised with yourself, but he did look like a boba ball. There was just a little bit you had to do in the back and then it would be done. Jimin was still refusing to open his eyes, but he had nothing to worry about. The hard part was over and you knew he would actually like the way he looks. Setting down the scissors on the counter, you grab Jimin's brush and proceeded to brush through his hair to get him all cleaned up. You were finally done as you padded Jimin's shoulders to let him know he could look at the mirror now.