Prima Ballerina

[Yeo Hwanwoong]

Ch.43

Tech rehearsals for Swan Lake were brutal. Everyone in the company was staying for longer hours which was normal. But now it really felt like all of you were trying so hard to make it across the finish line with rocks tied to your feet. The last show of the season had to go out with a bang. It's been nice hearing around that people believe this was SNB's best season yet. You were incredibly grateful for that and you didn't want to disappoint with the last show production. You wanted to give it your all for as long as you possibly could.

Everyone was feeling the same. Swan Lake's opening date was in a couple days. It felt so close that you could taste it. Honestly, you already feel the pre-show jitters and your heart was pounding as if there was a full house behind the curtains. The excitement was building up in you, but you had to remind yourself to wait for a few more days. You stayed in the wings as you watched Mister Dupont telling Seokjin everything he wanted for the show. The lighting cues, the sound cues, the backdrops, and the set pieces. The rest of the dancers were out of their way, some sitting in the house seats in the meantime or backstage with you.

Jungkook and Hwanwoong were talking to a technician who handled rigging. While they were busy being social butterflies, you were crushing rosin rocks underneath your pointe shoes. It was in order to get more grip on the stage when it's your turn to dance. You wouldn't be out for some time, but you were ready if they needed you to be. As for Jimin, you weren't quite sure where he was at. Possibly still changing in the men's dressing room or he went off to the men's locker room. If that was the case, he better hurry back before Seokjin and Mister Dupont try to start the show from the top.

The truth was, Jimin had stayed back in the dressing room. He chose to wait until the room was empty for him to begin meditating. Something to calm him down so that he wouldn't snap if Yumi tries to provoke him. Despite the stoic exterior that most people were familiar with, Jimin knew how emotional he truly was. He cried during animal movies, loved with his whole heart, and also hated with his whole being. Once Jimin had the people he was loyal to and cared for, he was willing to do anything for them. If anyone dared hurt them then he could never forgive those awful people. In this case, Okanda Yumi was his enemy.

He considered it fair to say that Yumi was deranged. For whatever reason, she has lost all of her sanity recently and he was positive that her losing grip over her 'followers' was going to lead to self-destructive behavior. You told him to just let it happen and so he needed to keep that promise. The thing was that staying silent was impossibly hard. If Yumi says one crappy thing about you or his other friends then he will act. Jimin knew that wasn't what you wanted, but he was having a difficult time getting control over himself. All these breathing exercises and he still felt angry in his seat.

Jimin scrunched his face as he tightly gripped his chair. He might just scream at the mirror to release all this pent up frustration. The chances of that were looking high when Jimin suddenly heard calming music playing. What? The scrunched up face turned into confusion, but Jimin didn't open his eyes yet. He let the music play as lost as he was. His phone was on silent and in his bag so who put the music on? Jimin carefully opened his eyes to see Taehyung standing next to him with a small smile. In front of Jimin's mirror was Taehyung's phone playing a video of turtles swimming in the ocean.

"What...is going on?" Jimin nervously fidgeted in his seat.

"You were looking angry and trying to calm down. This is what I use to fall asleep." Taehyung patted Jimin's shoulder. The raven haired man stared at the turtle slowly moving through the blue sea. It was nice and the turtle was cute. Still, Jimin couldn't deny how embarrassed he was.

"When did you get in here?"

"I was always in here." Taehyung chuckled at Jimin's expressions. "You realize this is my job to help with the costumes, hair, and make up, right?"