Chance

Ch.39

Jimin's P.O.V.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Waiting for Romeo and Juliet to end felt like an eternity. They had to go through their tech before opening up to the public. Not only was I impatient to tell (F/n) how I felt about her, but I was also tired of feeling left out. I know my friends didn't do it on purpose, yet I wished I was there for some of their rehearsals. Hwanwoong and Jungkook have clearly grown much closer thanks to this show. They even spend time together alone which shocked me. Then again, I do the same with (F/n) at times so it was fair. I just never thought that Jungkook would join our group that used to be just a duo.

A lot has changed, but I wasn't against any of it. On the contrary, I've opened myself up to my friends more. It was mainly at the beginning where I felt something against (F/n) and Jungkook. Clearly my feelings towards her have changed. As for Jungkook, I've grown used to his presence. It'd be a shame if I didn't have anyone to call 'stupid' around me. Plus, he makes Hwanwoong happy and keeps him company when I'm too busy with my own problems. Hwanwoong may be popular and have a lot of friends, but it's the close friends who matter most. The others he hung out with were good for talking, but Jungkook was good for listening.

I cared for my friends more than I would admit out loud. Yet I didn't see (F/n) quite as a friend anymore nowadays. It took a while for me to accept my own feelings after a few instances. Seeing the stage kiss was what truly slapped me in the face and forced me to confront my feelings. The jealousy I felt towards my own friends was a feeling I didn't want to harbor. Certainly not when I knew they had no feelings for each other and they were only performing their job in the first place. Figuring out how I felt about (F/n) helped wipe away a lot of my silly jealousy.

None of that really matters. After I confess to her is when things for me can change. Either she gives me a chance or our friendship goes through an awkward period. As much as I hated the thought of that, I hated the idea of staying silent more. Every time I look at her, my heart swells up and tries to sing loud enough for her to hear. I get close to telling her just by being in the same room as her. It's getting ridiculous and that's why confessing to her properly is the better option. I'd rather be prepared than telling her about how I feel out of nowhere.

That's why tonight is the night! I felt sick to my stomach, but determined and unashamed. A rush of adrenaline was pumping through my veins when I arrived at the company. This day was going to be the longest of my entire life, I knew that. Waiting for Romeo and Juliet at night was going to take a century to happen. I've waited long enough for R&J's closing night. All three had begged me to come see and I told them I would be there for the last show as always. They loved to come to opening night, but I preferred to see closing night. Nerves were gone and everyone performed at their best. They gave it their all knowing that this would be the end.

The plan was to congratulate all of them but pull (F/n) aside. I'll be alone with her when I give her a bouquet and confess. I smiled to myself when imagining her accepting. We'll hug tightly and I know I won't kiss her yet. I'll save that for later, but it was tempting. I just wanted to hold her close. If we do become official, then I can introduce her as my girlfriend—oh my god. Girlfriend. Bringing my hands up to my face, I let out a muffled shout inside my car. I never felt more determined! I never felt—crap. When I lifted my face from my hands, I found myself making eye contact with Yumi.

"God d*mn it..." I stared at her, my happy expression sinking into a bitter one. She was standing in front of my car with her curious eyes on me. She should have kept walking but seeing as I shouted...that caught her attention. It just had to be her, huh?