Holding Onto Love

Ch.30

There was still a whole week left until you would have to go back to work. What do you do in that time? You were absolutely clueless on what to do with yourself if you weren't working. It felt like you were going mad even as you kept up with some sort of schedule. You still went to yoga and did some light cardio when you got home. Then with the space you had in your kitchen, you would use the counter to help you do some barre work. It was a little difficult, but you were making it work. You just needed to do a tendu and plié here and there in order not to lose your sanity.

Piano music was playing from the small speaker you owned. Everything in your apartment was quiet with the room dim. It wasn't that sunny out even with the curtains open. You did the regular stretch for your feet along with the tendu to all sides and plié. Both on the left and right side as always with a simple sou-sous and soutenu to do it. You did a couple échappés in your pointe shoes as well. It was important you did some pointe work or else you were going to be in a lot more pain when you do go back to the company. Even in your time off you had to work. Eventually, you did a battement développé to all sides. Then you did it en cloche before switching into a balançoire.

"Should I do a tour de promenade?" How motivated were you? Also, your space wasn't that great. It was manageable though. You let the music keep playing as you tested out doing an arabesque. Just barely you were able to do it, but you decided to put your back leg in attitude. You could make that work better than an arabesque en promenade.

You were basically doing review for a good hour or two. You went over a rond de jambe combination you created and made sure to do it en l'air too. Then you also did simple rond de jambe en dedan and en dehors. A couple changements, a water break, and a petit jeté. You didn't want to jump too much though since you would disturb your neighbors downstairs. If only you had the space to work on turns. Either fouetté turns or even doing a few emboîté turns en diagonale. You were craving to get back in the studio when the music on your speaker cut off and switched to your phone ringing.

"Hello?" You automatically rushed over to pick up the call.

"Open the door, I'm here." Jimin's voice surprised you. He hadn't texted you at all this morning which was in hindsight pretty suspicious of him. Before you could even say anything, he hung up and that forced you to open the door to him. Jimin had his heavy coat on meanwhile you were in leggings and a long sleeve shirt. "You're already dressed, perfect."

"What does that mean?" You furrowed your brows.

"Well, you could still put on a coat and some shoes." Jimin looked you over once more. He was confusing you so badly. Could he tell you whatever was going on in his mind? The lost look on your face at least got him to cough it out. "I got an email from your little yoga studio. I usually delete them, but this time I decided to keep it. Want to know why?"

"Why?"

"They're offering partner yoga today for fifty percent off. That means we should go." Jimin took out his phone from his pocket to show you the email. The yoga studio sent these types of things all the time, but you tended to ignore them. You never thought Jimin would be interested or that he let the studio email him. It's been so long since the two of you first went together.

"You wanna do partner yoga?" You asked as Jimin sighed.

"That's why I'm here. Now go get your coat and shoes on so we can go." Jimin acted all annoyed even as you smiled at him. With a quick nod, you were running to get ready for your second yoga class today.

When you stepped out of the apartment with your coat, Jimin fixed the collar of it for you so that you could stay warm. It didn't really matter to you since the yoga studio was just across the street. He just told you to not put on clothes sloppily so he wouldn't have to help you out. If he says so. The smile on your face didn't fade as Jimin took your hand to leave with you. He kept you by his side and made sure you didn't run into the street to get hit by cars because apparently that's a thing you do. You love to get hit by cars.