Brunch

Ch.15

What a cute little restaurant. It was really cute inside, though you opted for eating outside in case Jimin and you began fighting. The decorations outside were just as lovely though. All the furniture was wooden with so many brown earthy tones. Even so, it never felt dark or cramped. The glass windows made the restaurant breathable along with all the flowers and vines hugging the walls of the building. They also wrapped themselves around the balcony where Jimin and you sat. The umbrella the two of you were under was a dark shade of green. It made you feel like you were on a fancy picnic.

This was so nice! If only you could get Jimin to agree. It seems like every time you take him out to bond, he has to be in a bad mood. He thankfully didn't spam you as much as he did when you took him to yoga, but he didn't make this morning easy either. Apparently, his protein powder arrived and he felt the need to send you pictures. He also took videos of him preparing it and drinking it. Were you his personal Instagram story? You didn't know why he had to send them all, but you put up with it. If you ignored him then he only got bitter and would spam you more.

So what if you had to bite the bullet and butter him up a little? You were doing this for the sake of job security. Friendship too, you suppose. All you really did was message him back with how cool and interesting the powder was. Unfortunately, that did make him more talkative and your patience about a protein powder wasn't going to last you all day. Inevitably, you did ignore him a bit to take a shower. Did he expect you to respond even then? Whatever irked him this morning, Jimin wasn't having it as he sat with his arms tightly crossed in front of you.

"Isn't the weather nice this morning? Not too cold or hot." You forced a grin as he blinked at you. Yes, you were so convincing. Magically the weather would change Jimin's attitude and perk him up!

"Did you bring me here just to talk about the weather?" Jimin narrowed his eyes on you. His gaze was beginning to burn right on schedule.

"Obviously not. I wanted us to bond." You sighed.

Was it your lack of responses to his texts when you were showering that had him like this? Or because he didn't like you all that much? It could very easily be both of those options. All you know was that you were sitting here at this table, waiting for him to arrive earlier. You messaged him that you got a table outside—not responding to his previous messages—and began looking through the menu. Not long after, Jimin appeared with a frown on his face. Nothing out of the usual so you thought nothing of it. He dropped himself into his seat and had been silent ever since. That was until now when you decided to break the ice.

"What bonding? You didn't reply to me when I was talking to you. You ignored me!" Jimin moved around in his seat like a child. It was a sight you never thought you would see. Was he whining? You blinked at him, wondering if the small pout on his face was real or if his plump lips just made it look like that.

"Jimin...I was showering and then came here," You said as he scoffed.

"And you still had time to respond to the rest before I came." Jimin looked to the side, slumping in his chair.

Who is this man?

Just when you feel like you're beginning to understand him, he pulls the carpet out from under you. Park Jimin was easily the most complicated person you knew. At work, he was incredibly serious. He hardly said a word during company class or rehearsals. Around others, he didn't have much to say. When he's alone with someone, he's a chatterbox. It gets worse over text! Though his serious and grumpy side never made you think that he would have a childish side to him too. He was still bitter and petty, but this was an interesting thing to find out.