The Blondie

Y/n pov:

I jumped down from the mountain where i had wittnessed Morax fall. I landed gently on top of a building, while tears silently left my eyes. I watched him lay there, in the middle of the crowd. The millelith had started questioning the people around, but that really didn't matter right now.

My ears fell down as a shadow covered my eyes, tears still slipping through.

My eyes then caught a blonde haired boy sneaking away from the guards. Suspicious.
He looks extremely suspicious.

I jumped down silently and decided to follow him, but my plan didn't really work. In a fast move he turned around to face me.

"Why are you following me, i didn't do it." He said. We stood behind a building with a lot of guards looking for him.
I looked Into his eyes, his eyes were gentle with a pretty golden yellow colour.
I saw in his eyes that he was filled with sorrow and sadness, but also happiness and confidence.

I showed him a gentle smile, then gave him a little wink. "I won't tell anyone." I said as i grabbed his hand and lead him to the end of the building. "You can go down those stairs and escape the guards, there's a lot of space when you get down there, so there's a high possibility you might slip away from the millelith." I told him, i turned to him and saw his confused look turn into a thankful smile.

Then i realized he had a flying little friend too.
I then smiled at her. "Be careful too little person." I told her, she was kinda adoreable.
"Paimon has a feeling we can trust this person." She told him and did a backflip in the air.

"Thank you." The blonde boy thanked me, and then started sneaking away.
I then sweatdropped when he stepped on a cracked stone, catching the attention of the guards.

He then started running with a lot of guards following him. I quickly hid behind the building when they passed by me.

I got ready to dash after them. When i stood on top of the stairs, i heard a voice:

"Hey Buddy, hold still".

It was a gentle voice but as soon as i saw the person i knew. Fatui.

Atleast he's helping him, i guess i can leave them for now. I thought as i quickly put on my mask and turned into a fox. I then jumped on top of the mountain beside Liyue and ran to wangshu inn.

-

As i landed on top of the roof i saw Xiao sitting on the railing of the balcony.

Is he...sad?

I jumped down and took of my mask, returning to my more humane form before wrapping my arms around him.

His back was facing me, but i could tell that he was sad. After all i knew how Morax held a place in his heart, even tho he claims that he doesen't have room for one.

"What are you doing, Y/n." Xiao said in a annoyed tone. I didn't answer and held him a little longer, it didn't seem like he wanted me to let go. But i let go of him. As i did he turned around and looked at me.

I brought my hand up to his cheek and gently rubbed my thumb along it. This is why i'm here, to make sure he doesen't feel pain.
He then placed his hand over mine, leaning into my touch.

There's no way i'll let him forget this moment, when he's soft.

Xiao never showed anyone his soft side, and he rarely showed me. But in this moment, he couldn't hold back.
I kept comforting him like this for a few minutes.

"If you need to talk, you can talk to me. I could never imagine what you're going through but-" i started but he quickly interrupted me.