Lantern Rite, part 3

Y/n pov:

"I'd like a reminder to why i'm doing this..." i calmly ask myself.

In this very moment i was looking for a lost cat.

That's right.

A cat.

Someone else's cat.

The owner of the cat asked me to look for it, since he thought i would lure out the cat more than he would. He also pointed at my ears when he said so.

This is such a disgrace... the fact that the also thought I was related to cats!

"Here... kitty kitty kitty...." I calmly said, looking around me.
The truth is: i had no idea how to lure out a cat.
I've been living my life in the form of a mortal. Mostly.

I stood up, sighing.
"Sir, i apologise but i think your cat will come back soon. Maybe we should give it a few days?" I ask him.

Just as i said that i felt something brush against my leg. I looked down and saw a ginger cat. It purred as it brushed against me.I bent down and picked it up in my arms. I started petting its head.
It's weird being the one to pat someone else's head.

-

I walked to the Inn's balcony and saw Xiao. I walked up next to him.
"Hello Xiao" i said.
"You're going to Liyue soon to see the lanterns, right?" He asked.
"...Yeah" i said, not really sure.

"But Xiao... i was thinking..." i tried to ask him something but was cut off. Being cut off seemed like a very familiar thing lately... and it was always the same voice.

"Xiao! Oh and Y/n too! We want to show you something!" Paimon yelled as she and Aether ran onto the balcony.

"You're still here?" Xiao asked them.
"Yes, and we want you to go with us to the Lantern rite." Aether said confidently.
Xiao sighed. "This again. I said i don't like crowded places." He said.
"We know. So we brought the Lantern Rite to you!" Paimon said proudly.

This got me confused.
"Just come downstairs with us, you too Y/n." Aether said.I nodded and grabbed Xiao's wrist to drag him along with me before he could run away.

We walked down the stairs and i saw a stall, one of those they usually have at the festival. I also saw a table with three seats and food.
Almond tofu.

"Tada! Your very own miniature Lantern Rite festival!" Paimon said. This made me chuckle. This was so cute!

"So this is what you meant by bringing the festival to me?" Xiao said.
"It's so you will be a part of the Lantern Rite as Well!" Aether said happily.
"Is that so?..." Xiao said.

"Less talking more eating! Come on, dig in, before it gets cold!" Paimon yelled.

We all sat down and ate the delicious meal.
I swear i could catch the glimse of a smile on Xiao's face for a few seconds. As we kept enjoying the meal, i kept stealing glances of him.

He then turned his head slightly, making us have eye contact. Once i saw his eyes, my heart skipped a beat.

Huh?

What's this feeling? I feel so tingly all of a sudden.

I could feel my cheeks heat up. Me and Xiao held the eye contact, none of us breaking it.
It wasn't awkward, it was rather comfortable.
A big smile then grew on my face, still not breaking the eye contact. The look he gave me wasn't is usual frown, but it wasn't a smile either.

Xiao pov:

I ate my food calmly.
This is such a waste of time... but Y/n seems to enjoy it so i'll go along with it this time...