Your shield

Preview:

I felt blood sliding down from the corners of my mouth.
After a few seconds i realized what happened and i felt a small smile grow on my lips.
A small chuckle escaped my mouth and i smirked.

-Preview end-

Y/n pov:

I jumped down infront of him.
"Aether..." i whispered.
He didn't save me one look and walked past me, down the stairs.

Paimon flew to me, "he's acting... weird..." it said.
"Did you call for me, Paimon?" I asked.
"Yes i did..." Paimon answered me.

I walked up to Aether and next to him.

"Aether? Are you alright?" I asked.
He stopped walking and looked down.
"She defeated her... with one strike..." he said.
"Who?" I asked him.

He then brought his hand to his head and started shaking it, as if he was in pain.
"One strike was all it took..." he said as he finally stopped. He then continued walking down the stairs.

"Paimon, what happened?" I asked it.
"A lot... a lot happened... the Raiden shogun defeated a fatui harbinger with a single strike...while it took Aether a whole battle..." Paimon said.

I crossed my arms.

"Well what do you expect?! She's a god!" I yelled after Aether as he kept walking.
I quickly jogged up to him and stopped him.

"Aether. You can't expect to be on the level of a god. You're too great already... maybe you just need a rest right now..." i said and caressed his cheek.
"Let me take you to my sisters shrine... she'll probably let you rest there for a while..." i said and took his hand.

He looked at me. I then felt him trembling, as if he was going to fall apart.

He then wrapped his arms around me.
My eyes widened in surprise. I wrapped my arms around him as well, hugging him back.

"I'm tired..." i barely heard him mumble.

I brought my hands to his hair and ran my fingers throught it.
He placed his head on my shoulder.

"We should keep moving... i bet it's not a good idea to stay nearby this place..." Paimon said.

I nodded and retreated from the hug.
I grabbed his hand and pulled him after me and Paimon as we all walked.

We finally reached the bottom of the stairs and walked towards the exit.
"There's the sound of Electro zapping in the air... Paimon can barely breathe..." Paimon said.

I understood what it meant. I could also feel the negative energy surrounding this place and it felt as if there was a thundering storm around us.

Aether then stopped and brought his hand to his forehead. He then started shaking his head again.

I looked at him with a sad look.
When he finally calmed down we kept walking.

"Aether, are you okay? You're so silent..." Paimon asked.

He didn't really answer her question.
Instead he mumbled, "it's so... noisy outside..." he said.

"Sounds like there's a lot of noise coming from outside Tenshukaku... has a fight broken out or something?" Paimon said.
"The guards seem really nervous... let's go see what the situation is, shall we?" It said, trying to ease the negative mood.

When we were close to the exit my ears perked up. I heard many footsteps run towards our direction. I put my hand on the handle of my katana.

I walked infront of Aether, ready to battle.