Exhaustion

(Yes i'm stealing Aethers moment and giving it to Y/n. Sorry Aether, this story ain't about you)

-

Xiao pov:

I got safely back to the Jade Chamber and the Traveler and Qixing soldiers getting safely back. Then I turned to the battle ground and saw that it had already collapsed.

This caused me to automatically look around for one specific person. Unfortunately, she was nowhere in sight. My eyes widened as I realized the only thing that could have happened, and i jumped off the Jade Chamber.

My feet found themselves on a piece of falling debris and my eyes scanned the area.
When I spotted her, I quickly dashed forward to catch her.

One of my arms swung under her legs and the other one held behind her shoulders. I then dashed back up to the Jade Chamber.

Y/n pov:

We then stood at the Jade Chamber, all the adepti had saved all the falling people.

I tried to wiggle out of Xiao's arms so i could stand on my own, but i felt his grip around me tighten.
Xiao! Let me down this is embarrassing. I thought. I looked over to the others and no one seemed care except for Paimon. She was staring at us in awe.

"Xiao... you can put me down now..." i whispered to him.
He didn't react at all and didn't put me down.
Did he not hear me.
"Xiao..." i said a little louder.
"I heard you the first time." He said.

Eh?

My face heated up and i hid my face in his chest, hoping no one would notice. And no one did, which is good.

"The Guizhong Ballista is destroyed. Without it's covering fire, retaliation shall be difficult." Cloud Retainer said.
"But the Jade Chamber is our last Line of defence. We can't give another inch.. no matter what." Ganyu said.

Then Ningguang appeared in the middle of us all.
"I have.. another idea." She said.
"What do you mean Lady Ningguang?" Ganyu asked.
"I'll sacrifice the Jade Chamber." She said.

Xiao then put me down.
Ningguang... she had spent her whole life on her dream, the Jade Chamber.

"I understand." Xiao said and swiped his hand over his face. His mask covering it. All the adepti stood in a ring, using their adeptal power.

"Traveler, lend me a hand.." Lady Ningguang said.
Aether looked at us all and nodded. He drew his weapon and was surrounded by adeptal power.

"Farewell old friend.. Goodbye for now. Let us meet again in the future." Lady Ningguang said.
Aether drew his sword back and then pierced it to the flooring. A large light erupted by this and the Jade Chamber started shaking. And slowly falling apart.

The Chamber then fell, fast. And just as it was about to hit Osial, I felt a pair of arms wrapping around me and teleporting me away.

-

A loud explosion appeared once the Jade Chamber had hit Osial.

-

We all were in Liyue now. Xiao teleported the two of us to the harbor. And the others were flying on the adepti. We all looked out towards Guyun Stone Forest. A huge cloud of smoke covered the islands.

It was late and the sky had gone dark.

"Is it... finally over?" Paimon asked, breaking the silence.

"The ominous aura of that monster had indeed begun to fade." Moon Carver said.
"The effects of the sigil of permission lasts but a short time."
"It will be some time before the overlord of vortex can make some waves again." He finished.