Did this just happen?

Y/n pov:

My head went underneath the water.
My eyes glanzed at the surface above me, imagining Xiao grabbing me and pulling me out of the water.

I got my head out of the water and saw Xiao sitting at the table instead.
We were in Mt.Aozang, i was taking a bath while i dragged Xiao along.

And yes i was taking a bath with clothes.

He was just sitting at the table staring into nowhere.
Pay attention to me...
A selfish feeling of needing attention from him was deeply carved into me.

I just want him to look at me just once. So let's tease him. A evil smirk grew on my face and i jumped out of the water. And walked next to him.

I sat down on the ground next to him and put my head and hands on the table.
"Xiao." I said.
He looked down at me. I saw a small blush in his cheeks.

I mean... i was soaking wet and staring up at him like a puppy. I was going to tease him after all.
"Don't do that..." i heard him say.
"Do what?" I asked.

He blushed and looked away.

Xiao pov:

I sat at the table quietly.
I heard Y/n in the water. I focused on hearing her. She was laughing a little.
I could feel a smile trying to reach my face, but quickly shook it away.

"Xiao?"

I turned my head. She's right here.

And-

She was soaking in water. And looking up at me with her (e/c) eyes. I didn't realise my cheeks had grown warmer.

"Don't do that..." i said.
"Do what?" She asked.

Don't look at me like that!

Y/n pov:

I could tell that it worked. He is so cute when he's flustered. I stood up and walked behind him. I leaned down into his ears and whispered,
"Am i bothering you, Xiao?"
I heard his breath hitch a little.

"You should stop that..." he said.
I didn't stop and instead stayed in position, keeping my mouth near his ear.
"Stop what?" I asked.

Almost on command, Xiao stood up.
He then turned to me with speed that almost made me fall back. He placed both of his hands on my shoulders. Then he looked into my eyes.

With the eye contact, my heartbeat raised.
Then, without warning, he pushed me down on the table. I yelped in surprise. His hand went to the back of my head, acting as a pillow between the stone and my head.

He hovered above me, a couple of decimeters between us. One of his hands were planted next to my head, supporting his weight.

He looked intimidating, causing me to apologize. "Alright alright, I'm sorry..." I said.
He didn't respond, instead he simply stared at me.

For a moment I thought I saw him starting to lean down before immediately hesitating. His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes closed, as if scolding himself.

I laid silently, waiting for him to act since he was so stoic at the moment. Somehow my thoughts were still hoping for this to go forward.

Oh my archon. If this is a dream, please don't let me wake up.

I was blushing heavily.
Then he did lean down. I laid still at his movement. His face hovered a few centimeters above mine and I could feel his breath.

My eyes were wide at our closeness and his were wide as well, seeming surprised at his sudden burst of confidence.

I felt the heat of my face. I got too nervous looking at his angel-like face above me. I closed my eyes shut and turned my face slightly away.

I didn't dare open my eyes to meet his.

I felt my tail uncomfortably swaying under me, begging for room. Although my mind still wanted me to lay here under him.

"Y/n..." I heard him whisper. The breath of him whispering my name hit the side of my face. Close to my jaw.
The feeling of his breath also grazed down to my neck, causing me to shiver lightly.

Then I felt the hand under my head move away. I opened my eyes at his action. His hand went to my face, grazing his fingers across my jaw.

His eyes were relaxed and gentle.

Then, to my disappointment, his eyes widened, as though he had snapped back to reality.

He got off me and stood up. He looked shameful, but not at me. He looked as if he was ashamed of himself.
"I need to go." He said and walked away.

"Wait!" I said, but it was too late because he had already left.

I was sitting up on the table, still shocked.

-

I was still at Mt.Aozang. I sat at the table, with my friend. I didn't dare tell her what happened on this table earlier.
"Ganyu, should i tell him?" I asked her.
"That you're going to Inazuma? Of course you need to tell him that!" She said.

"No. That i love him." I said. I leaned my head on my hands and looked at the table.
I pray to the archons that no one finds out what happened on this exact table. I'll never see this table the same way.

"Oh... i think you should tell him before you leave. But it's your own choice" Ganyu said.
My thoughts were completely filled with what happened. "Huh, leave to where?" I asked, not really focusing.
"To... Inazuma??" She said, confused.
"Oh... yeah..." i said.
Am i really going to Inazuma?...

But after what happened, maybe he likes me back after all...
It wouldn't hurt to tell him and maybe we'd become more than just friends...

What if i just... don't go?

I sighed.

Kazuha said he'd tell me when we're leaving.
So i've still got time to cancel...

"Y/n are you listening to me?" Ganyu asked.
"I'm sorry Ganyu, i'll talk to you later." I said and stood up.

I jumped into the air and left.

I'll tell him.