Childe's backup plan

Y/n pov:

I pulled Aether away so Childe missed his strike. "You got the gnosis ahead of me, didn't you?!" He yelled at me.
"No matter. Hand the gnosis over. Now. Don't make me take it from you." He said.

Me and Aether dodged his attacks. Barely.
"I didn't take it!" I yelled.

"LIES!" He yelled and suddently a huge water mark appeared, covering almost the whole battle ground.
Aether was standing in the middle of the mark and looked terrified and didn't know what to do.
"Aether, move!" I yelled.

In a few seconds i managed to pull my mask on my face, turning i to a fox and dashed towards Aether. I pushed us both away from a big whale.

Aether stood up and i stood on all my four legs.
He went in for another attack. I stood on the sideline, focusing my pure energy on Aether. I managed to slowly heal him while he attacked Childe.

Aether pov:

I started attacking Childe, and dodging many of his attacks. Some of his attacks managed to hit me, but i realized they didn't damage me at all.
I was confused and looked over to Y/n.

She was standing, in her fox form, elegantly. A lot of bright power surrounding her. But the power didn't seem like a element of some sort.

She's healing me.
I smirked and knew that this was the best time to take down Childe. Thankfully, her power also made my own power stronger.
I noticed him about to pierce me with his spear.

But i used Y/n's katana and pierced him one last time before he could.

His armor then disappeared and he fell to the ground. On his knees.

Y/n pov:

I opened my eyes and saw that the battle had ended, Aether had won. I took my mask off, turning into a person. And i walked towards them, next to Aether.

"Look, Childe's back to normal again!" Paimon said.
Nice observation.

"Well then... time to cool off..."
"It seems the burden of The Foul Legacy Transformation was too great for my body. I lacked the opportunity to think this through..."
He started.
"And now that i consider the matter more carefully, you never had any chance of beating me to the gnosis." He said.

I did. But if it makes you happy, i'll play along.

"You had no connection to the gnosis, no matter where it had been taken." He said.

Wrong again. It was supposed to be in the exuvia... but it wasn't there somehow.

"That's what she's been trying to tell you! She didn't take it!" Paimon said, defending me.

Aww paimon.

Childe started talking about how Aether and him could be considered friends.
"Pretty sure that's not the normal way to make friends." Paimon said, hands on her hip.

He then stood up. "Unfortunately, i must bring this amiable conversation to an end. My quest still beckons." Childe said.

That's right. The gnosis.