Two words: Almond. Tofu.

Y/n pov:

I ran my fingers through Xiao's hair, while his head rested on my lap. He looked so peaceful.
I could see his chest slowly rising and falling when he was breathing. His eyes were closed.

We sat on top of Wangshu Inn, resting together on the roof.
I looked down on his resting face, and caressed his cheek with my other hand. The pain that his karmic debt gave, was long gone.

"You make me feel at peace" said the young adeptus as he had his head in my lap.
I gently smiled and leaned down and kissed his forehead.
"Good."

Morax never asked anything else from me other than taking care of Xiao, so i want to fulfill his only request. Xiao had sworn to protect Liyue, and i had sworn to protect him.

Maybe not physically, but definitely mentally.
No matter what, I would not let him succumb to his karmic debt.

I looked up in the sky and enjoyed the beautiful stars at night. I then felt Xiao moving and looked down again. He had turned his face away from my sight.

I could barely notice the tip of his ears turning red.
I lightly chuckled at his cuteness. We weren't lovers, but i would show a lot of affection towards him. And in rare cases he would also show me affection.

-

I walked down the stairs and greeted Verr Goldet. I kept walking until i was outside on the balcony where people usually walk around.
I went to the right of the balcony.

My foot stepped on top of the railing and then I jumped all the way down. Landing perfectly in the middle of the entrence.

When I looked ahead of me, I almost shouted in shock, right in front of me stood a very confused and shocked... Aether?

I did know he would show up here eventually, looking for Xiao. But he was rather quick, did he already meet Moon Carver and Mountain Shaper?

"I had a feeling we would meet again soon." I smiled at him, and he smiled back and was about to ask something when Paimon interrupted.

"Compared to Jueyun Karst, This place seems basic, are we really going to find an adeptus here?" She asked us, but I could tell it was mostly directed towards me.

"You must be looking for Xiao, he is here indeed." I said in a casual tone, pointing up to Wangshu Inn.

"You're pretty close to the adepti, do you think you could introduce us?" Aether asked me.

I was planning to go find some Silk flowers and Qingxin flowers, but i guess it could wait.

Because....

I am intrested in seeing how it plays out, i can already tell Aether is pretty persistent.

-

The two of us walked inside the Inn with Paimon floating slightly behind us, i lead them out on the balcony. We stopped in the middle of the balcony, Aether looking confused.
"Oh? He's not here?" Paimon said in a dissapointed tone.

Aether then walked up to the railing, Paimon following after him.

He'll be here any moment, don't worry.

Aether then leaned on the railing, him and Paimon enjoying the view of the seas and mountains.

Then Xiao appeared next to them, without them realizing. "To the blind, everything may not be as it appears." He said, startling them both. I walked up to them, standing next to Xiao.