See you again now

Y/n pov:

I could feel someone running their fingers through my hair.

Xiao?

No, Their hands were bigger than Xiaos hands.

I'm so sleepy.... How long did i sleep....
Did Xiao do his work alone?

I tried to open my eyes, but they were met with a strong light. It's morning.

I looked around me. I was laying on the balcony at Wangshu Inn, on top of a soft blanket, my head resting on a soft pillow.

I slept so well.

I forgot about the person next to me completely, until i felt their hands stroke my cheek.

"Good morning, it's been a while since we've talked, Y/n." A very familiar voice said next to me.

My eyes widened and i slowly tiltes my head to look at Morax. But he was slightly diffrent than last time i saw him.
His white clothing was switched out with a nice and casual suit. His horns were gone and his arms were covering his abnormalities.

"Morax...?" I said. I did think about the possibility of him being alive. But i kept my hopes low. Yet here he was, in the flesh, sitting next to me.

"Y/n." He started. "Morax is gone. I'm no longer the God of contracts." He said. What was he talking about?

My eyes widened once again. "Huh?"

-

Xiao pov:

Eight days. That's how long she's been asleep.
During her rest, she didn't wake up even once.

On the second day, I heard that a guest had gone to visit Y/n. But it was weird, because i and Verr Goldet were the only ones who knew of her condition.
It didn't take me long to realize Morax had visited her. That old man.

A few days after Rex Lapis had been dead- according to the Qixing- he had revealed himself being alive to me. And i did plan on telling Y/n, but then the whole fatui incident happened.

So here i am now, clearing out half of Liyues fatui agents who had been planning on escaping Liyue while they still thought they could.

-

Y/n pov:

"I'm glad you're not upset with me." Zhongli said.
"Says who." I said. I sat up and looked him dead in the eye. "You told Xiao, but when did you plan on telling me?" My ears fell down.

He was going to tell me, right?

"I wanted to tell you. I was going to tell you after the fight with the overlord of vortex." He said.
"If too many knew I faked my death, it might've affected the way the fight would turn out." He said, sighing.

Then none of us said anything. It was a comfortable silence. We could hear the wind.
The fact that Morax was still alive, made me sigh in relief. He then looked over at me.

"Can i pet your head?" He asked and sent me a kind smile.
I chuckled. He took it as a yes and put his hand on top of my head, brushing his fingers through my hair. I smiled like an idiot.

My tail started wagging in happiness. This is how I like it. Having Zhongli and Xiao still with me will definitely boost my working mood.
I then thought about Xiao.

"Where is Xiao?" I asked.
He looked at me and then behind me.
I then slowly turned my head around and there he was. Leaning on the fence, arms crossed.