Chapter 4

The train finally stopped after sunset which made my nerves return. George told me to leave my trunk on the train, they will supposedly be brought to the dorms. I had put my robes on earlier in the trip so that I didn't have to rush to do it when we got to the station.

"Come on we'll lead you to Hagrid idiot" Fred told me reassuringly. I grabbed both their hands to try and scare off my nerves, shockingly neither of them teased me.

We got off the train, there was a loud voice calling for first years

I squeezed my brothers hand once more than let go and walked off to the group of first years.

I waved one last time to the twins, they waved back and walked off to the carriages that were moving on their own.

"Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' hogwarts in a sec" Hagrid almost bellowed out making all of us try and look more forward peaking above heads. I saw my twin brother walking with the kid from earlier, looks like the weirdo made a friend.

The path opened up showing the famous black lake. Bloody hell Hogwarts in all its glory, it's so much more amazing than I expected.

"No more'n four a boat" Hagrid called out pointing to a bunch of a small boats on the shore. I ended up in a boat with a dark skinned boy and a Brunette girl. We all stayed silently as we settled. We were all probably hoping that we wouldn't tip over. "Everyone in, alright then FORWARD" Hagrid called out sending the boats forward toward the castle.

The ride was the most beautiful except that I'm not the biggest fan of water. The dark waters with so many mysteries so tell.

"Heads down" Hagrid warned as the boats reached the cliffs which lead them down a dark tunnel, they reached a creepy harbour. It was nerve wracking getting off the boat.

Hagrid found a kids toad while we walked to the grand door.Hagrid raised his hand and knocked loudly three times.

The door opened showing a women in green robes. "the firs' years professer Mcgonagall" Hagrid said to the women gesturing to us.

"Thank you Hagrid, I'll take them from here" the women now known as professer Mcgonagall.

Professer Mcgonagall opened the door wider to let us in leading us to a massive hall lit by torches. Hundreds of voices came from a massive door in the hall.

"Welcome to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room." Professer Mcgonagall ended her rehearsed speech.

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." She added which made me and many others try to straighten themselves.

"I will return when we are ready for you" she said going into the dining hall. I starting thinking about how this would sort us all of my brothers answers were different and my parents wanted it kept as a surprise. this is the magical world so it could be anything.

There was a girl muttering spells under her breath near me, oh how I hope it's not some test.

I didn't have time to worry when there was a commotion behind our group and a few people started to yell so when I looked there were a few pearly white floating people. ghosts!!??!. Bloody hell.

They were talking about some peeves and giving him a second chance. They then noticed us giving various forms of encouragement.

"Move along now" the strict voice of Professer Mcgonagall spoke.

"the sorting ceremony is about to start" she said making all my worries come back, she then instructed us into a line and to follow her as she opened the door.

We walked forward into the massive room full of candles and people. Mcgonagall lead us to a long table at the back of the room where it seemed all the teachers were sat, she made us line up to face the other students.

Mcgonagall brought a stool and an old wizards hat it was extremely old and dirty, was this what sorted us.

The hall was silent for a bit until the hat started to move and formed a mouth out of a rip and sang.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

The hat finally finished its odd tune that told me the truth. Turns out all my brothers are dirty liars.

Mcgonagall held out a roll of parchment "when I call your name you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she said. "Abbott, Hannah!"

A girl with blonde pigtails stumbled out forward, put on the hat, which fell right down over her eyes, and sat down.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat.

The table on the right cheered and clapped as Hannah went to sit down at the Hufflepuff table.

"Bones, Susan!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat again, and Susan scuttled off to sit next to Hannah.

"Boot, Terry!"

"RAVENCLAW!"

The table second from the left clapped this time; several Ravenclaws stood up to shake hands with Terry as he joined them.

"Brocklehurst, Mandy" went to Ravenclaw too, but "Brown, Lavender" became the first new Gryffindor, and the table on the far left exploded with cheers.

Many names passed everyone getting their houses until it was finally my brother, meaning I was next. I swear he was as green as the Slytherin banner but still he walked to the stool and sat with the hat on his heads for barely a few seconds.

"GRYFFINDOR" His whole face lit up and he ran to the table basically with our brothers congratulating him, all I have to do now is join him.

Now it was my turn I walked up as confidently as I could. When I sat down on the stool with the hat on my head, I wasn't sure what to do.

"Hello" a voice said in my head. The hat started mumbling confused.

Everyone was whispering now. A Weasley not placed in Gryffindor immediately, that must be a new one.

It had almost felt like an hour when the hat spoke again which a very light voice

"I'm sorry you'll understand eventually" what?

"SLYTHERIN"