Chapter 2

The two friends were happy to of seen each other again.

They talked on the park bench for hours about so many things.

Allium was glad to have a break from the almost constant arguments with her mother. Harry was overjoyed to be with someone that wasn't his aunt, uncle or cousin.

They had gotten up a few times to chase each other after a extra cheeky comment.

Eventually the sun was starting to set and the two knew they would soon have to part.

Allium had insisted on walking Harry back to his house.

When they got close she asked him to tell her which room was his.

"Totally not so I can sneak in and scare you in the middle of the night" she told him sarcastically causing him to laugh loudly.

Harry was reluctant to tell her since he knew she would be able to make out the bars.

He decided to do it since just maybe that would make her angry enough to take him with her.

"It's there" he pointed to one of the windows on the second story.

Allium looked up to the window happy that she could find another way to tease Harry.

It felt as if she had been punched in the gut when she noticed the bars.

"Harry.... What are those"

Harry knew what she was talking about and truly did not want to answer.

Allium saw his face and knew that she wouldn't get an answer.

In that moment Allium swore that she would help Harry away from these blasted muggles.

"I should go my brothers are probably freaking out by now" she told Harry.

The two embraced saying their goodbyes.

Allium watched as Harry walked back into the house with anger in her heart.

She knew the Dursley's weren't good to Harry. She truly didn't know what to do, who would believe her besides her brothers and who would believe them.

She would have to figure that out later since now she had to figure out how to get back to the burrow.

She walked out of privet drive going a far bit away.

She doubted that she would get as lucky as she did with Ms. Figg.

She finally remembered something that would work.

The knight bus for stranded wizards.

Though she didn't know how to get it to come to her.

She figured to stick literal to stranded and simply sat on the curb.

It felt like she had waited almost an hour until she had heard tired squealing.

A second later, a gigantic pair of wheels and headlights screeched to a halt in front of Allium. They belonged, to a triple-decker, violently purple bus, which had appeared out of thin air. Gold lettering over the windshield spelled The Knight Bus.

The purple bus loomed over the small girl on the curb.

Allium was overjoyed when she saw the bus since she was starting to think it would never come.

She stood up quickly going over to the door as it opened showing a conductor in a purple uniform. He leapt out of the bus and began to speak loudly to the night.

"Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. just stick out your wand hand, step on board, and we can take you anywhere you want to go. My name is Stan Shunpike, and I will be your conductor this evening"

She saw that Stan Shunpike was only a few years older than he was, eighteen or nineteen at most, with large, protruding ears and quite a few pimples.

"Woss your name?" Stan asked, kindly.

"Allium Weasley, it's good to met you. For a second there I though you weren't coming," answered Allium, smiling at the older boy.

"How much would it be to get to st catchpole?"

"Six Sickles," said Stan, "but for firteen you get 'ot chocolate, and for fifteen you get an 'ot-water bottle an' a toofbrush in the color of your choice."

Allium rummaged through her pockets, extracted the few coins that she had, and set them into Stan's hand. She and Stan then went up the steps of the bus.

There were no seats; instead, half a dozen brass bedsteads stood beside the curtained windows. Candles were burning in brackets beside each bed, illuminating the wood-paneled walls. A tiny wizard in a nightcap at the rear of the bus muttered, "Not now, thanks, I'm pickling some slugs" and rolled over in his sleep.

"You 'ave this one," Stan whispered, gesturing to one of the bunks. "This is our driver, Ernie Prang. This is Allium Weasley, Ern."

Ernie Prang, an elderly wizard wearing very thick glasses, nodded to Allium, who waved kindly and sat down on her bed.

"Take 'er away, Ern," said Stan, sitting down in the armchair next to Ernie's.

There was another tremendous BANG, and Allium held on to the bed as tight as she could just as her father had warned if she was ever on the bus, Allium stared out of the dark window and saw that they were now bowling along a completely different street. Stan was watching Allium in slight disappointment that she didn't get thrown or surprised.

"This is where we was before you flagged us down," he said. "Where are we, Ern? Somewhere in Wales?"

"Ar," said Ernie.

"Best go wake up Madam Marsh, Stan," said Ern. "We'll be in Abergavenny in a minute."

Stan passed Allium's bed and disappeared up a narrow wooden staircase. Allium was still looking out of the window, feeling increasingly nervous. Ernie didn't seem to have mastered the use of a steering wheel. The Knight Bus kept mounting the pavement, but it didn't hit anything; lines of lampposts, mailboxes, and trash cans jumped out of its way as it approached and back into position once it had passed.

Stan came back downstairs, followed by a faintly green witch wrapped in a traveling cloak.

"'Ere you go, Madam Marsh," said Stan happily as Ern stamped on the brake and the beds slid a foot or so toward the front of the bus. Madam Marsh clamped a handkerchief to her mouth and tottered down the steps. Stan threw her bag out after her and rammed the doors shut; there was another loud BANG, and they were thundering down a narrow country lane, trees leaping out of the way.

Allium knew she wouldn't be able to be sleep with so much knocking, she tried to think about what prank she should do with her brothers next.

The Knight Bus rolled through the darkness, scattering bushes and wastebaskets, telephone booths and trees, and Allium lay, peaceful and calm, on her feather bed. One by one, wizards and witches in dressing gowns and slippers descended from the upper floors to leave the bus. They all looked very pleased to go.

Finally, Allium was the only passenger left.

"Right then, Allium," said Stan, clapping his hands, "whereabouts in Catchpole?"

"The burrow," said Allium told him.

"Righto," said Stan. "'Old tight, then."

BANG.

They were thundering along Charing Cross Road. Allium sat up and watched buildings and benches squeezing themselves out of the Knight Bus's way. The sky was getting a little lighter.

Ern slammed on the brakes and the Knight Bus skidded to a halt in front of her home.

Allium felt conflicted when she saw her childhood home. She figured everyone was still asleep since it was still quite late.

"Thanks," Allium said to Ern as she walked to the door.

She jumped down the steps onto the dirt.

"Well," said Allium to the two. "'Bye then!"

Stan waved her goodbye as the door closed once again and the bus disappeared into the dawn.

She looked up to her creaky home tall and lanky as can be. She truly loved it, it truly was a home. Despite a few safety hazards.