Chapter 8

The next day, was especially odd for Allium. As usual during breakfast the four long house tables were laden with tureens of porridge, plates of kippers, mountains of toast, and dishes of eggs and bacon, beneath the enchanted ceiling (today, a dull, cloudy gray). The strange part was that her peers seemed to have shine a new light on her, they greeted her as she walked to the end of the table even offering her a spot, which she was too out of her comfort zone to accept simply opting to "maybe another time".

"Mail's due any minute." Said Blaise Zambini who had sat next to her. "Do you know of your mum will send another howler, the one she did last year was brutal." Blaise asked which caused Allium to wince and shrug. She figured Ron would get one but wasn't sure if her mum cared enough to send one to her.

Sure enough, there was a rushing sound overhead and a hundred or so owls streamed in, circling the hall and dropping letters and packages into the chattering crowd. Allium watched for Errol and saw him soar to her brother crash landing into a jug.

She saw Ron pull the bedraggled owl out by the feet. Errol slumped, unconscious, onto the table, his legs in the air and two damp red envelopes in his beak.

Allium quickly put her head to the table hoping it was just a trick to the eyes.

"Uh oh" Allium heard Blaise say as she heard a slight rush of wind. The familier loud roar sounded from the envelope, there was a similar one from the other side of the hall.
yep

"—STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU BOTH, JUST WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF EITHER OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE ONE OF YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE—"

Molly Weasley's yells, a hundred times louder than usual, made the plates and spoons rattle on the table, and echoed deafeningly off the stone walls. People throughout the hall were swiveling around to see who had received the Howler.

"—LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU ALL COULD HAVE DIED—"

Allium was wondering how many more howlers she had to receive in her school time for her to finally pass away.

"—ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED—YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU TWO PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU BOTH STRAIGHT BACK HOME."

A ringing silence fell. The red envelopes burst into flames and curled into ashes. Allium, Ron and Harry sat stunned, as though a tidal wave had just passed over them. A few people laughed and, gradually, a babble of talk broke out again.

Blaise had slowly patted Allium on the back, he was clearly lost ok how to comfort someone.

"On a scale of Filch to he who must not be named who should I look to go get me killed" Allium asked continuing to have her head on the table.

Blaise chuckled and put his arm on Alliums shoulders bringing her up. "Snape should be coming soon to bring our schedules thankfully your antisocial self picked the best spots to get them quickest"

"You're terrible yet for some reason good at comforting" Allium mumbled leaning on Blaise.

Professor Snape came to the Slytherin table to hand out course schedules. Allium quickly sat straight up and took hers and saw that they had double Transfiguration with the Ravenclaws first.

"Great Binns first thing, oh well at least it's not the greasy python" Allium grumbled which caused Blaise to laugh. People from other tables looked at him like a crazy man.

As more eyes came to them Allium got more uncomfortable so she elbowed Blaise to quiet down and mumbled that they should get to class.

The two second years stopped by their dorms to get their stuff for class.

Allium might've like class but even she got slightly droopy eyed in Binns class. Blaise was passing notes to her the whole time asking how long till class was over since she was the only one with a pocket watch.

Once history of magic was Dover many sounds of excitement and relief were heard.

The next class that Slytherin had was transfiguration with Professor McGonagall.

Blaise was walking backwards in front of Allium reciting spells that Professor Mcgonagall might have them redo for the first day. Allium figured a possibly more advanced version of what we did last year.

When they got to the transfiguration classroom Allium forced Blaise to the front. Allium liked the front since it was too blurry from the back. Blaise hated it since he wouldn't be able to pass notes.

After a couple minutes of people slowly coming in Draco had finally made an appearance. He came and sat behind Blaise and Allium grumbling about how close they were to the front.

Professor McGonagall's classes were always hard work, since not only was transfiguration difficult but Professor McGonagall was strict.

Once classes were called to a start Professor Mcgonagall came striding in with her usual emerald green robes. As she got to the front of the class and looked over the students looking for any flaws after a few seconds she started class.

Professor McGonagall was a strict and clever, she gave them a talking-to first thing. Allium quite liked McGonagalls teaching style, how she took no one's crud.

"As you all know Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts," she said. "Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned. "

Then she changed her desk to a horse and back similar to last years pig. After taking a lot of complicated notes, they were each given a beetle to transfigure into a button.

Allium was able to get the spell quickly since she had seen her mother do something similar. She tried to help Blaise with the spell but was crappy at her explaining.

At the end of class very few had managed to transfigure their beetles to buttons. When Allium had presented her buttons to Mcgonagall she had gotten a rare smile.