Chapter 10

As the owls flooded into the Great Hall as usual, everyone's attention was caught at once by a two long, thin packages both carried by six large screech owls.

Allium was just as interested as everyone else to see what was in this large parcel, and was amazed when the owls soared down and dropped it right in front of her and the other in front of Harry. They had hardly fluttered out of the way when another owl dropped a letter on top of both parcels.

Allium quickly ripped open the letter. She recognized the writing as one of her professors, Snape.

DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE.

It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand. Marcus Flint and Oliver Wood will meet you tonight on the Quidditch field at seven o'clock for your first training session. Harry Potter will also attending. Professer Mcgonagall and I came to an agreement for you two to do your first training session together.

Severus Snape

The gears in Alliums head had stopped turning for a second. She had never received something that new.

Allium saw that Harry and her brother had left the hall with Harry's broom. She noticed that Malfoy and his goons followed them so she decided to go as well to make sure things didn't get too ugly. Allium quickly picked up her broom hoping that they hadn't already caused trouble.

She walked quickly thankfully the boys hadn't gotten very far. Right when she got there she saw Malfoy rip the broom out of Harry's hands. She saw him say something then throw it back so she decided to intervene knowing that her brother can sometimes have quite the temper.

"Are you jealous Malfoy" she tainted him walking up to the boys surprising her brother and Harry. "Shove it Weasley" Draco spat at her but all she did was chuckle "you know they aren't just any broomsticks" she said and was surprisingly backed up by her brother "it's a Nimbus Two Thousand. What did you say you've got at home, Malfoy, a Comet Two Sixty?" Ron grinned at Harry. "Comets look flashy, but they're not in the same league as the Nimbus."

"What would you know about it, Weasley, you couldn't afford half the handle," Malfoy snapped back. "I suppose you and your brothers have to save up twig by twig."

Before Ron or Allium could answer, Professor Flitwick appeared at Malfoy's elbow.

"Not arguing, I hope?" he squeaked.

"Potter and Weasleys been sent a broomstick, Professor," said Malfoy quickly.

"Yes, yes, that's right," said Professor Flitwick, beaming at the two holding the large parcels. "Professor McGonagall told me all about the special circumstances. And what model is it?"

"A Nimbus Two Thousand, it is," said Harry, fighting not to laugh at the look of horror on Malfoy's face. "And it's really thanks to Malfoy here that we've got them," Allium added getting a grin from Harry and her brother.

Allium left the group so that she could leave the parcel in her dorm. She hoped that she had enough time.Allium sadly didn't have enough time to actually open it just to drop is off. She did her best to keep her mind off it during lessons but it was difficult due to her extreme excitement.

Lessons were finally done for the day. She walked quickly through the common room that was thankfully empty and to her dorm which was empty as well. She set the parcel on her bed and quickly tore it open, she had never seen something so beautiful up close that she just sat there amazed. She knew that nothing at home could cost this much. Then she started to think about home and how her parents think of her. She quickly pushed those thoughts aside and examined her broom, Sleek and shiny, with a mahogany handle, it had a long tail of neat, straight twigs and Nimbus Two Thousand written in gold near the top.