Chapter 5

What the hat said left the hall silent. A weasley in Slytherin, it was unheard of. Not even the professors had a proper response.

The Slytherin table was confused, No one had expected that.

Mcgonagall urged the young girl to move. Mcgonagall was even shocked, she remembered Arthur and Molly in Gryffindor and each of their children, except for one apparently.

Allium jumped from the stool looking at the Professer that gestured her head to the Slytherin table telling her to go, she weakly nodded her head and stood up placing the hat back on the stool.

The walk to the Slytherin table was slow, she had imagined herself walking to the Gryffindor one moments before, but now she was two tables away. She reached the table sitting down on the edge of the seats away from everyone still feeling empty.

The last first year was sorted into Slytherin as well causing her to completely come out of her daze, the other first year that she recognized as Blaise Zambini from seeing him and his mother once at the ministry. She weakly smiled at him which he returned but neither made an attempt at speaking.

Albus Dumbledore had gotten to his feet. He was beaming at the students, his arms opened wide, as if nothing could have pleased him more than to see them all there.

"Welcome," he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
"Thank you!"

The tables all filled with food making definitely getting alliums attention due to her shared love of food with the rest of her family. With the thought of her family allium decides to look to the Gryffindor table to try and see her brothers but she would regret that soon when she saw the disappointment in Percys face. Allium looked for the twins to try and make herself feel better, when she found them they were laughing with Lee, they saw her staring and smiled at her as of to say that everything is ok.

Allium felt better from that but she went to look for her twins face fearing that he may have the worst reaction, she saw him talking with a ghost looking happy and exactly where he belonged. Allium didn't know which hurt more being ignored and being disappointed in, it was hard to tell.

Allium decided to indulge in her love of food to drown her feelings away filling her plate with all kinds of food. As she stuffed her face and her belly filled she started to feel better as of food had filled the hole in her heart.

Allium was eating mashed potatoes when she felt a freezing feeling beside her as if death itself had put it's hand on her shoulder. She quickly looked beside her to see a flour white man but he wasn't just pale he was transparent, he looked at her curiously as if a riddle. Allium tried to think of where she recognized him, she figured that he was the bloody baron that with the big hair and chains on him definitely fitting the description that her family had said.

"You know being a Slytherin isn't as bad as many make it out to be" the bloody baron said surprising allium since he actually almost sounded sincere. "I have seen quite a few Weasleys in my time here each and every one of them were Gryffindors so I was truly shocked when I heard you placement and seeing how distraught you still are I thought a few words of comfort might help" the baron said and quickly flew up going back to his original spot next to Draco Malfoy who didn't look happy with the arrangements.

Allium was left to think through his words that truly did bring her comfort while she ate dessert. Allium was having a surprisingly good time due to the fact that she was eating her favourite food treacle tarts. She got her fill when all of the desserts had disappeared and  Professor Dumbledore got to his feet again. The hall fell silent.

"Ahem -- just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you.

"First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well."

Dumbledore's twinkling eyes flashed in the direction of the Weasley twins.

"I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors.

"Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch.

"And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."

"And now, before we go to bed, let us sing the school song!" cried Dumbledore. Dumbledore gave his wand a little flick, as if he was trying to get a fly off the end, and a long golden ribbon flew out of it, which rose high above the tables and twisted itself, snakelike, into words.

"Everyone pick their favorite tune," said Dumbledore, "and off we go!"

And the school bellowed:

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,

Teach us something please,

Whether we be old and bald

Or young with scabby knees,

Our heads could do with filling

With some interesting stuff,

For now they're bare and full of air,

Dead flies and bits of fluff,

So teach us things worth knowing,

Bring back what we've forgot, just do your best, we'll do the rest,

And learn until our brains all rot."

Everybody finished the song at different times. At last, only the Weasley twins were left singing along to a very slow funeral march. Dumbledore conducted their last few lines with his wand and when they had finished, he was one of those who clapped loudest.

"Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here! And now, bedtime. Off you trot!"

Allium got up along with everyone else in Slytherin and found the Slytherin prefect that was yelling for all of the first years. She was at the back of the group as she trotted along through the hallways wishing that the walk would end and she could sleep if she could. When they finally got to the dungeon it made Allium sad at the chill when she was used to her family's stories of how warm her
Hogwarts was but it appears that may be just the Gryffindor common room.

They had reached a dead end in the dungeon which seemed to confuse all the of the first years, the two prefects turned to the first years and started to explain "this is the entrance to the Slytherin common room the password changes from time to time the new password will be on a billboard inside each time it changes so make sure to check regularly, the current password is Salazar" the female prefect ended turning around and saying the password to the wall causing it to open up like the diagon ally entrance.

All of the first years walked in curious to see what their new home is like. The two prefects instructed everyone where to go and what would happen if someone would go to the wrong area. Allium walked to the girls hallway finding the door with her name in it, she walked in seeing that she was the first one in the dorm.

Allium quickly found the bed that had her luggage, she dug around in her bag to find her weasley sweater and pyjamas pants. She plopped down on her new bed wrestling to get under the covers and fell asleep just wanting the day to be over and leaving all her thoughts for tomorrow.

How will Alliums family be will this be disappointed like Percy or supportive like the twins or will they be down right angry. We will soon know but for now let Allium rest while she can.