Chapter 7

Allium didn't have much time to be upset about the note from her parents due to the amount of focus she was putting into her classes. She was ok with her schedule except she wished there was more Herbology.

Allium schedule:
MONDAY
Class 1: 9:00 am till 9:45 am: Potions 9:55 am till 11:35 am: Free Time Class 2: 12:55 pm till 1:40 pm: Free Period Class 3: 1:50 pm till 2:35 pm: History of Magic
2:45 pm till 7:25 pm: Free Time

TUESDAY
Class 1: 9:00 am till 9:45 am: Charms
9:55 am till 10:40 am: Free Time Class 2: 10:50 am till 11:35 am: Defense 12:55 pm till 7:25 pm: Free Time
Against the Dark Arts

WEDNESDAY
Class 1: 9:00 am till 9:45 am: Potions
9:55 am till 11:35 am: Free Time Class 2: 12:55 pm till 1:40 pm: Transfiguration
1:50 pm till 3:30 pm: Free Time
Class 3: 3:40 pm till 4:25 pm: Flying
4:35 pm till 7:25 pm: Free Time

THURSDAY
Class 1: 9:00 am till 9:45 am: Charms
9:55 am till 11:35 am: Free Time
Class 2: 12:55 pm till 1:40 pm: Magical Theory
1:50 pm till 7:25 pm: Free Time

FRIDAY
Class 1: 9:00 am till 9:45 am: Potions Class 2: 9:55 am till 10:40 am: Potions
Class 3: 10:50 am till 11:35 am: Herbology
12:55 pm till 7:25 pm: Free Time
Class 4: 12:10 am till 12:55 am: Astronomy

Potions class was something Allium was dreading due to how many stories her siblings told her about Professer Snape. One of the main reasons she was nervous is that her brothers have never exactly been the best students (except Percy but even he could be annoying).

Allium had already endured about three potions classes with the head of Slytherin house. The class wasn't as bad as Allium thought it would be most likely due to how she was a Slytherin and less rowdy than her brothers.

The Slytherins had double potions with Gryffindor today which made Allium upset due to the fact that she would see her brother. Thankfully it was Friday so she would be able to hide in her dorm the next two days.

Allium had gotten to the potions classroom early where very few people were. She decided to sit in the back having a feeling her brother would go for the front. Allium saw her brother and Harry Potter come into the classroom, she had heard countless whispers about hard in the week that she felt bad.

After a bit the whole class was full of students waiting for class to start. A few that were blessed to sit with their fronds were whispering amongst themselves.

The door opened and in came the feared potions master, Severus Snape. His long robe billowing behind him almost like wings, one of the things he was known for was his ability to look dramatic.

Snape started reading the attendance list, he paused when he reached Harry Potters name.

"Ah, Yes," he said softly, "Harry Potter. Our new -- celebrity."

Draco Malfoy and his friends Crabbe and Goyle sniggered behind their hands. Snape finished calling the names and looked up at the class. His eyes were black like Hagrid's, but they had none of Hagrid's warmth. They were cold and empty and made you think of dark tunnels.

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potionmaking," he began. He spoke in barely more than a whisper, but they caught every word -- like Professor McGonagall, Snape had the gift of keeping a class silent without effort. "As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

The class was silent after the speech. Allium saw that few looked a little scared, others interested.

"Potter!" said Snape suddenly. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Allium saw Harry glance at Ron, who looked as stumped as he was; Hermione's hand had shot into the air.

"I don't know, sir," said Harry.

Snape's lips curled into a sneer.

"Tut, tut -- fame clearly isn't everything."

He ignored Hermione's hand.

"Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

Hermione stretched her hand as high into the air as it would go without her leaving her seat, but Harry didn't have the faintest idea what a bezoar was. He tried not to look at Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle, who were shaking with laughter.

"I don't know, sir."

"Thought you wouldn't open a book before coming, eh, Potter?" Harry forced himself to keep looking straight into those cold eyes. He had looked through his books at the Dursleys', but did Snape expect him to remember everything in One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi ?

Snape was still ignoring Hermione's quivering hand.

"What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

At this, Hermione stood up, her hand stretching toward the dungeon ceiling.

"I don't know," said Harry quietly. "I think Hermione does, though, why don't you try her?"

A few people laughed; Harry caught Seamus's eye, and Seamus winked. Snape, however, was not pleased.

"Sit down," he snapped at Hermione. "For your information, Potter, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite. Well? Why aren't you all copying that down?"

There was a sudden rummaging for quills and parchment. Over the noise, Snape said, "And a point will be taken from Gryffindor House for your cheek, Potter."

Things didn't improve for the Gryffindors as the Potions lesson continued. Snape put them all into pairs and set them to mixing up a simple potion to cure boils. He swept around in his long black cloak, watching them weigh dried nettles and crush snake fangs, criticizing almost everyone except Malfoy, whom he seemed to like. He was just telling everyone to look at the perfect way Malfoy had stewed his horned slugs when clouds of acid green smoke and a loud hissing filled the dungeon. Neville had somehow managed to melt Seamus's cauldron into a twisted blob, and their potion was seeping across the stone floor, burning holes in people's shoes. Within seconds, the whole class was standing on their stools while Neville, who had been drenched in the potion when the cauldron collapsed, moaned in pain as angry red boils sprang up all over his arms and legs.

"Idiot boy!" snarled Snape, clearing the spilled potion away with one wave of his wand. "I suppose you added the porcupine quills before taking the cauldron off the fire?"

Neville whimpered as boils started to pop up all over his nose."you take him to the hospital wing" Snape demanded to Seamus. He then berated Harry for not warning Neville about the quills.

Allium who had been parterned with Blaise Zambini had finished their potion. Snape came around to check on the Slytherins approving most of them except Crabbe and Goyle.

The class ended with most of the Gryffindors doors looking annoyed or crestfallen. The Slytherins on the other hand were looking proud of themselves with very few not looking happy.

Allium was happy because she had Herbology next, she had heard many good things about Professer sprout and with her being a Hufflepuff.

Allium walked through the castle alone trying to remember the best way to get to the greenhouse.

So far things have not been bad cor our dear Allium school wise but how will her relationship with her siblings turn out. There are still three siblings that she has no clue how they feel . She is mostly worried about Ginny due to how she is with mum and dad.