Chapter 13

Due to Allium having quite a bit of time to herself, she was able to look into Nicholas Flamel. She had almost given up due to not finding anything about him in the modern wizards book. Though then something dawned on her, who said he was modern, he could be dead.

Allium walked quickly after classes to the library. She looked through books on wizards from the past, she chuckled when she saw her headmaster in a few. She got to one book titled "alchemists of old".

She had finally found him Nichols Flamel, the creator of the philosophers stone. The stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal. Though she didn't understand why Hermione, Harry and her brother would be looking for someone like this. She decided she would ask Hermione the next times she sees her.

The next thing for her to focus on was quidditch. Flint was ruthless in practices clearly still sour over his loss to the Gryffindors. He knew that they would probably win the other games but he still pushed them hard.

Though as she was walking back to her dorm she heard laughing. She went to go see what it was only to find Neville hoping around with his legs bound by a curse. She quickly sent the counter to the poor boy and helping him up when he fell.

In anger Allium turned to find who had done this to Neville. She knew who it was instantly when she saw the laughing face of Malfoy. As she saw his laughing form clutching his chest exactly where his Slytherin crest was. This gave her an idea.

"Serpensortia!" She cast right at Malfoy. She hadn't practiced this spell and had only found it because it sounded fun. Allium never thought she would actually use it but as she saw how much fright it brought Draco, she was overjoyed. After Draco finally got the snake off him it turned to dust as he ran.

She figured it turned into dust die to her being inexperienced. Allium quickly turned back to Neville only to find he looked scared. "Hey, are you ok" she asked calmly hoping to not scare him more. "Um yeah thanks um thanks you" Neville stumbled out. "Do you need help to your common room I have a feeling your legs still hurt" she offered getting a feeble nod in return.

As the two walked with Neville's arm around Allium's shoulder. The two got along quite well both complaining about Ron's snoring. As they got to the picture of the fat lady Allium plugged her ears as Neville said the password. The two said their farewells both of them feeling quite better than before.

As Neville left Allium asked him if he could send out Hermione. He agreed thankful that he could do something for her.

Hermione came out looking happy, "hello there Allium what can I do for you?" Hermione questioned. "Sorry is this sounds word but the other day I heard you, my brother and Harry talking about Nicholas Flamel. Could you tell me why?"

This question caught Hermione off guard. "Um oh Um well ugh it's complicated" Hermione struggled to get out. "It's ok if you can't tell me. I just found it odd that you would be talking about someone like him" Allium said putting her hand on Hermione's shoulder. "Wait you know who he is" Hermione exclaimed "yeah the creator of the philosophers stone, famous alchemist. Did you not?" Allium said confused "No! We've been trying to figure it out" Hermione said excited that she finally found him. "Well then here this book is on alchemists, he's in there" Allium said handing her the book she got earlier. The two bid goodbye due to Hermione wanting to read the book as quick as possible.

The next day was a quidditch match with Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff. Allium opted out of watching due to Snape refereeing. Any game with Gryffindor and Snape as referee would surely be painful to watch.

As she heard the cheers from the quidditch match she decided to check. What surprised her is that Harry Potter was on people's shoulder. She laughed at the happiness of Gryffindors though something else caught her sight.

A lone person was walking in a dark cloak outside the castle, she recognized the limp to be Snape.
Allium saw that Harry noticed as well and was going to follow him on his broom.

She quickly got her broom from the shed to follow as well.

Allium got settled on her Nimbus Two Thousand and took off. Gliding silently over the castle she saw Snape enter the forest at a run. She followed.

The trees were so thick she couldn't see where Snape had gone. She could tell that neither did Harry. She flew in circles, lower and lower, brushing the top branches of trees until she heard voices. Both glided toward them and landed noiselessly in a towering beech tree.

Harry had noticed Allium following him and panicked. Though calmed down when she angrily pointed down and lifted her finger to her lips making him be silent.

They both climbed carefully along one of the branches, holding tight to their broomsticks, trying to see through the leaves.

Below, in a shadowy clearing, stood Snape, but he wasn't alone. Quirrell was there, too. Neither Allium nor Harry could make out the look on his face, but he was stuttering worse than ever. Allium ears strained to catch what they were saying.

"... d-don't know why you wanted t-t-to meet here of all p-places, Severus..."

"Oh, I thought we'd keep this private," said Snape, his voice icy. "Students aren't supposed to know about the Sorcerer's Stone, after all."

Allium was confused by what he meant while Harry leaned forward. Quirrell was mumbling something. Snape interrupted him.

"Have you found out how to get past that beast of Hagrid's yet?"
This made Allium's eyebrows furrow.

"B-b-but Severus, I--"

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell," said Snape, taking a step toward him.

"I-I don't know what you--"

"You know perfectly well what I mean."

An owl hooted loudly, causing the two students to nearly fell out of the tree. Thankfully they were able to steady themselves in time to hear Snape say, " -- your little bit of hocus-pocus. I'm waiting."

"B-but I d-d-don't--"

"Very well," Snape cut in. "We'll have another little chat soon, when you've had time to think things over and decided where your loyalties lie."

He threw his cloak over his head and strode out of the clearing. It was almost dark now, but Allium could see Quirrell, standing quite still as though he was petrified.

As the two students walked back to the castle they didn't share any words most likely due to still processing what they heard. Allium left Harry to go sleep not really wanting to hear the yelling Gryffindors.