Chapter 5

Amare couldn't decide whether Harry being at the burrow made her mother better or worse. Of
course she had a lot of fun with him but her mother seemed to like him more.

Though there were the good parts as well. Allium got a good laugh in when the mirror over the kitchen mantelpiece spoke to Harry and scared him. The ghoul made sure things were never too quiet. She often helped George and Fred with whatever experiment they had which ended up in little explosions.

Though there was one part of that summer that hurt more then even her parents. Harry had confided in her how weird the summer was for him though the weirdest part for him was that everyone seemed to like him. When he said that to her Alliums heart broke into a million pieces. He had said how weird it was that Mrs. Weasley fussed over him and got him to eat as well as Mr. Weasley wanting to sit near him to ask him questions on the muggle world. No matter how much it stung Allium to see the difference between how her parents treated her and the way they treated Harry she will always be glad that he's just safe and loved.

The letters from Hogwarts arrived at the burrow about a week after Harry arrived. Ginny, Allium, Molly and Arthur were at breakfast when the letters came. Ginny had spent a few minutes raving in excitement when she saw hers. The rest of the people at the table chuckled, Allium could see her parents looking at her little sister with the hope and pride they once looked at her with.

Before Allium could go down another self pity spiral Harry and Ron showed up. The moment Ginny saw Harry, she accidentally knocked her porridge bowl to the floor with a loud clatter. Allium chocked in her cereal trying to suppress a laugh. Ginny seemed very prone to knocking things over whenever Harry entered a room. She dived under the table to retrieve the bowl and emerged with her face glowing like the setting sun.

"Letters from school," said Mr. Weasley, passing Harry and Ron identical envelopes of yellowish parchment, addressed in green ink. "Dumbledore already knows you're here, Harry - doesn't miss a trick, that man. You two've got them, too," he added, as Fred and George ambled in, still in their pajamas. Allium had wanted to wait for rest will she opened her letters just so it wouldn't be as quiet.

For a few minutes there was silence as they all read their letters. They were the same as usual telling them where to be and what they would need.

SECOND-YEAR STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

43 Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

"You've been told to get all Lockhart's books, too!" Fred said looking over Harry's shoulder. "The new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher must be a fan - bet it's a witch."

At this point, Fred caught Mollys eye and quickly busied himself with the marmalade.

"That lot won't come cheap," said George, with a quick look at his parents. "Lockhart's books are really expensive..."

"Well, we'll manage," said Mrs. Weasley, but she looked worried. "I expect we'll be able to pick up a lot of Ginny's things secondhand."

"Oh, are you starting at Hogwarts this year?" Harry asked Ginny. Allium snickered at the constipated look on her sisters face.