chapter 9

Flashback 
(Taehyung is still 13)
Taehyung's eyes widened when he saw the news headline. His breathing started getting heavy.

He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. His legs started getting weak and he kneeled on the ground with his head low. 

Mr Kim got worried and rushed towards his son. He looked at his face and he was shocked.

Taehyung's eyes were teary but his facial expression showed anger. I WILL AVENGE YOU.

From that day, he started getting stronger and merciless which turned him into a monster, he is now. 

Present
"But… how is she and her father still alive?" Jungkook asked again.

"That must have been a plan to protect Y/n and her father." Taehyung said.

"So, you are telling me that their death was faked?" Jungkook said, finally figuring out everything.

"What about Mrs Min? Is she dead?" Jungkook asked again.

"Yes, I saw her corpse myself. But Y/n and her father's corpse were totally burnt and I never thought it could be fake at that time." Taehyung explained. 

"W-when did you figure this all out?" Jungkook asked.

"Remember that one time, I was heavily injured by the enemies?" Taehyung reminded him.

"And you told me to stop the car in the middle of the road even when we were being chased by the enemies?" Jungkook asked,  getting mad at that memory.

"That was the first time I saw here. She was standing on the sidewalk waiting to cross the road. I thought my eyes were playing with me but it really was her. I wanted to take her into my embrace right that moment but I figured she would get scared by my bloody appearance. I didn’t want to end up hurting her but at last I really did end up hurting her. I let my monster take control of me." Taehyung sighed and brushed his hair with his fingers. 

Jungkook looked at him with pity. "So what do you plan to do now?" He asked. "I don't know. She is terrified of me now." 

Your house 
Next day
"Y/n!! Why are you still in bed?! Your school has already started! You are late!" Your dad barged into your room. "Dad, I don't wanna go to school." You said, sadly.

"What do you mean you don't wanna go to school? Does money for your tuition grow on trees? How are you gonna top in school if you don’t attend classes? You are not a kid anymore. Get ready and go to school." Your dad scolded and left your room. You slowly got out of bed and went to school with your head low. 

At school
You rested your head on your desk as you couldn't concentrate in class at all. You were just so paranoid that he would show up again.

Rose was worried about you but you didn't tell her anything. You also noticed that Mark didn't show up to school. 'Maybe he killed him?' A shiver ran down your spine. 

Just then from the corner of your eyes, you saw a figure standing in the hallway. Tears started flooding your eyes, you quickly looked away and hugged your shaking body. 

After some time, the teacher spoke, "There is someone who wants to see you. Please walk out of the class." You trembled even more. 'I don't wanna see him.'  

You stayed in your seat but the teacher spoke again. "Y/n, plz hurry up. I need to resume my lesson." He said a bit strictly this time. 

You slowly stood up and walked outside the class. When you saw his face, tears ran down your cheeks. You gripped on your skirt to control your shivering body.

Taehyung's heart shrank when he saw your pathetic looking figure. What had he done? He had swore to protect you. But he couldn't protect you from his own devil.

He wanted to take you in his embrace but that would be useless, he would just scare you more. "Y/n…" A low voice left his lips.

He slowly took a few steps towards you but moved away. Then he noticed the whole class attention was on you two. "Let's go somewhere else and talk." He moved his hands towards you to hold yours.

He held your wrist as gently as possible but you tried to yank your hand away from his. A complicated look appeared on his face.

His heart ached so much. In the end, he had no option, he tightly gripped your wrist and pulled you to a small room. 
He trapped you against the wall.

You started panicking, thinking he was gonna hurt you again. "Let me go." You cried out. You pressed your back against the wall hoping it would engulf you.

Taehyung stared at you with sad eyes. "Y/n, please calm down. I won't hurt you." He said and raised his hands to caress your face but you flinched and closed your eyes. 

But he still caressed your face anyway he couldn't hold back anymore. He just wanted to embrace you so bad. He needed to touch you so this was the least he could do to satisfy himself.

He held your soft face and stared at it. Your eyes were red and puffy due to crying and your lips wouldn't stop quivering. 

"I'm sorry. Plz forgive me. I hurt you. I couldn't control the monster inside me. I will accept any punishment you give me but plz forgive me. I promise I will never hurt you again. I will do anything you say." He begged, sincerely.

"Then stay away from me." His heart crashed into a million pieces. He looked at you, shocked, only to see tears flowing uncontrollably down your cheeks. 

_________________________________________

Hey everyone 👋
🫂 I'm back.
My exams are finally over.
Thankyou for waiting and I'm sorry this chapter is abit short.
Actually I just wrote it and posted it as fast as I could.
If this is not good enough I'm sorry.
Also I will try to post soon from now on.
Is it okay even if the chapters are short?
What do u think? 🤔