Chapter 29

In the car
Taehyung finally got home after completing all his schedule for today. "What a long day." He said while rubbing his temples.

"Yea", replied Jungkook who was already onto scheduling everything for the next day.

Taehyung got out of the car and looked at the dark blue sky. He took a long breath.

He had been so busy since the morning that this was the first relaxing fresh breath he took.

His eyes traveled towards his huge mansion and a warm smile appeared on his lips.

The lights inside were bright, making the mansion look lively. But that's not what made him happy.

He walked in the living area and he was instantly able to spot you, sitting on the dining table with books scattered around the table surface instead of cutleries.

And Mr Smith sitting next to you, observing your work.

With your cheeks resting on the palm of your hands, you stared at the paper while making a frown.

Mr Smith was the first to notice him but before he could speak a word out.

Taehyung rested a finger on his lips, asking him to keep quiet.

Mr Smith smiled and slightly nodded. His eyes went back on you, watching you struggle.

"Um, I'm done. I think it's correct this time?"  You slowly slid your paper towards Mr Smith letting him check your answers.

He looked at the paper and smiled, "Maybe you are too tired today. How about we try this again tomorrow?" He stood up and left.

Just then a hand ruffled your hair from behind. You looked up to find Taehyung. He smiled at you.

"Hey cutie." He said while softly pinching your cheeks. You couldn't stop the corner of your lips from moving upwards.

He sat down next to you and admired you. Something felt different today.

"Did you have your hair like this the whole day?" He chuckled while softly caressing your cheeks.

Today Mary had put your hair in two cute braids with tiny ribbons.

"I guess I missed out." He said under his breath.

"I didn't get to see you in the morning." You complained.

"Yes, I had to leave early today. I'm sorry. I missed you." He pulled you into a hug as he gave a small peck on your neck.

"I missed you too." You said cheerfully.

Just then someone coughed right across the table. Jimin who had just come down to have dinner was now staring at both of you in a disgusting manner.

"I need to wash my eyeballs with soap." He said while rolling his eyes.

You couldn’t help but feel embarrassed because of his comment.

"Don't worry, baby. He is just jealous." Taehyung said while putting you down on your seat.

"Hey! Who is jealous?!" Jimin shouted, feeling offended.

"Just ignore him." He said, smiling at you.

"Y/n, don't you dare ignore me! Look at me!" Jimin shouted, feeling insecure. Taehyung knew exactly how to pull on Jimin’s strings.

After some time, Jungkook also arrived at the dining table after changing.