Chapter 20

In a small apartment in an alley, heavy breathings and light sobs could be heard except for that the alley was awfully quiet.

A bright yellow bulb lightened the dark and cold apartment.

A middle aged man kneeling on the bare floor begged, "Please, I'm sorry. Give me some time, I will pay back the money." His face bruised and blood dripping from his nose.

A man sitting in front of him, took a puff of his cigarette and blew the smoke right on his face, filling the air in the small room with white foggy smoke.

"Hm, you owe me half a million. How do you plan to pay back such a big amount?" The man said calmly.

"I-i will figure out something. Just give me some more time please. Please Mr Kim, I beg you." The man joined both his palms together.

Taehyung smirked in his seat. "I don't think you plan to pay me back. You ran away from your debt the first time. And look at how much time you wasted. I gave you 8 months to pay me back slowly. But what did you do? You ran away. You were making the same excuses 8 months ago too."

Taehyung placed his feet on the man's shoulder. The man quivered in fear. "You see, I would have let you go but you also stole some documents from me and tried to sell it. So much courage?" Taehyung said with a straight face and pulled out a gun.

The man immediately started shaking, "Please don't kill me. Give me a chance-"

He was interrupted by someone, "Dad!" A young girl at the door shouted.

She hurriedly walked towards her dad and started begging as well, "No please don't kill my dad. He is stupid but he is the only family I have."

"Yes, m-my daughter, I need to send her to college. S-she needs me."

Taehyung's face expression changed. He stared at the girl and saw you. Maybe there were times when you and your dad begged the debt collector for some time as well?

His heart softened at the image of you crying. He brushed his hair back and sighed.

"Grab him." He ordered his men before walking out.

Next day (Morning)

Taehyung sat at the table with his morning coffee. "Did you explain everything to him?"

"Yes sir." One of his men standing beside him answered.

He had given the man a second chance by making him work under him as a driver, just to make sure he doesn't run away again. His heart had really melted by the father-daughter scene from yesterday.

After school
You were waiting outside the vice principal's office with DB since Taehyung and Jungkook were having a meeting with the vice principal about things related to you, which you weren't allowed to know.

(DB= The big baldie bodyguard,
double B
Yes, it's his name from now on)

"Miss Y/n, please let me carry your bag. It must be heavy." DB requested for the third time.

"It's okay, it isn't that heavy."  You replied. "Then let me bring you a chair so that you can sit." He suggested.

"No, it's fine. You know what? Here, take my bag." You gave up. "How much longer do we have to wait?" You pouted.

"If you are tired, you can rest in the car." DB suggested. "Hm okay."

DB walked you out of the building, he was about to walk to the car when another bodyguard called him. "Miss, that's the car. You can go in first." DB pointed at the car before walking away.