Chapter 24

Next day

Your eyes scanned the living area while you walked down the stairs. They stopped wandering when you noticed a familiar figure of a person.

He was in his usual seat at the dining table, going through his papers as he sipped on his morning tea. A small smile appeared on your lips as you continued advancing down.

A gasp escaped your lips when you almost tripped on your own pants, you looked around embarrassed but thankfully no one noticed you. You pulled up your pants as you carefully walked down.

You stood beside him, making him turn his head towards you.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He greeted you with a smile.

You smiled back, "Good morning".

"Come on, sit and have breakfast with me." He said, patting the chair next to him. He watched you sit and have your breakfast.

"Did you take a shower? You smell good." He asked as he tucked your hair behind your ear.

A layer of pink blush spread on your cheeks as you nodded. You glanced at him but his deep eyes were already staring at you.

You two broke your eye contact when there was a knocking sound on the glass window.

It was a tree branch moving due to the wind.

"It's colder than usual today, I'm glad you are dressed warmly." He looked down at your outfit.

You were wearing a woolen long sleeved top and matching woolen pants that were noticeably too long for your legs.

Needless to say, they were branded. It was the type that was trending. But for you, they were just a pair of clothes cause you never looked at the tags.

Even if you did, you wouldn't recognize the brand anyway.

You swung your feet in the air as you ate your pancakes and Taehyung just continued to look back at his papers.

Just then Mary appeared with a slice of cream cake and placed it in front of you. She gave you a smile before leaving. You were about to dig in but Taehyung interrupted.

"That's enough sweets for today." He stated, strictly, making you pout.

Just then his phone rang, making him walk towards the window to pick it up. You stared down at the cake and bit your lips.

After some time, Taehyung turned around after finishing his call and you froze.

He scoffed in surprise when he saw your face covered in cream and cheeks filled with cake like a chipmunk.

You really thought you could finish the cake before he ended the call.

Taehyung sighed in disbelief as he walked towards you. "Why are you so mischievous?"

He grabbed some tissue and started wiping your face. You showed him your hands covered in cream as well. This made him burst into laughter.

You looked up at him in surprise and so did a few other maids. It was so rare for them to see their master laugh like that.

"Do you really like cake so much that you can't go a day without having them?" He asked after controlling himself. He wiped the cream off your hands.

"No matter how much sweets I feed you, you don't seem to be gaining any weight."

He lifted the hem of your top to reveal your skinny body. He traced his finger on you as you shuddered and covered yourself up.